This article contains the FAQs for the S3973 Series Shark® Lift-Away® Pro Steam Pocket® Mop. This supports the following product SKUs S3973, S3973D, and S3973WM.
Shark Steam Mops are designed to deliver effective, chemical-free cleaning and sanitization with just ordinary tap water. Using any type of cleaning solution, perfumed oils or other chemical cleaner with your steam mop is not recommended. These products can have damaging effects to your steam mop and defeat the benefit of chemical-free cleaning. Do not use anything other than water in the unit. Shark recommends using distilled water in your steam mop.
The steam mop is designed for use on most hard floor surfaces. We recommend that you first test an isolated area of the floor surface to be cleaned as well as review the use and care instructions from your floor manufacturer.
Surfaces/Material where the steam mop should not be used:
- Wax polished furniture or floors.
- Unsealed or unglazed ceramic floors, unsealed wooden and wax floors and some no wax floors.
- In cases of surfaces treated with wax and some no-wax floors, the sheen may be removed by heat or steam action of the unit. Test an isolated are of flooring first to see if sheen is affected.
Steam mops are ideal for: Laminate, Bamboo, Hardwood, Marble, Tile, Stone
Wash the pads with liquid detergent (not powder), as powder can leave a residue behind on the pad. Avoid use of bleach and fabric softeners when washing pads. Line dry, or dry on a low dryer setting. For best pad performance, we recommend replacing pads every 2-3 months if pads are used and washed 3 or more times/week. You can order replacement pads at www.sharkclean.com.
Once you have put water in the tank, plug the power cord into a 120V electrical outlet. The ON/STANDBY button will flash blue. Press the ON/STANDBY Button until the desired steam setting is selected. Press the ON/STANDBY once to select the Dust steam setting, press twice to select the Mop steam setting, and press the button three times to select the Scrub steam setting.
The steam mop is ready to clean in about 30 seconds.
The Shark Pro Steam Pocket Mop has three unique steam settings, so you can use the perfect amount of steam for the cleaning task at hand.
- Ideal for these surfaces: Laminate, Bamboo, Hardwood and Marble
- Recommended usage: Light cleaning & dusting, Loosen & lift dirt, Sanitize floors
- Ideal for these surfaces: Hardwood, Marble, Tile and Stone
- Recommended usage: Everyday cleaning, Remove spots and routine messes, Moderate cleaning of heavily trafficked areas and Sanitize floors.
- Ideal for these surfaces: Hardwood (not recommended for continuous cleaning), Tile, Stone, Linoleum and Carpet (with the glider attachment)
- Recommended usage: Tough cleaning and removal of stuck-on messes and stains, Deep cleaning of heavily trafficked areas, Cut through heavy dirt and grime, Sanitize floors and Freshen area rugs and carpets.
It is important to wash the pads, in order to remove any loose lint or fibers from the pad that might have occurred in packaging or in transport. Pads should be washed with liquid detergent (not powder), as powder can leave a residue behind. Avoid bleach and fabric softeners as well. Dry pads on a low dryer setting or line dry.
Frequency of use, the type of cleaning (heavy/light) and how often the pads are washed and dried all determine the life of the pads and when new pads are required. Under normal household conditions, using the mop for routine cleaning a few times per week, we recommend new pads every 2-3 months.
The Steam Concentrator Nozzle will help loosen debris from crevices and tight areas that are tough to clean. For best results, use the Scrub steam setting and spray steam directly onto the dirty area. Once the Nozzle is cool, remove and attach the Mop Head to wipe away the loosened debris. Alternatively, you may use cloth or paper towels to wipe the area.
The Carpet Glider should be used with the all-purpose head to groom and freshen your carpet and area rugs by lightly applying steam to the carpet or rug fibers.
To use, attach the Mop Head and place on the Carpet Glider attachment. Press the ON/STANDBY button three times to select the Scrub Steam Setting. When your mop is ready, steam carpets with a back-and-forth motion.
- Always sweep or vacuum floors prior to use to remove all loose dirt and debris from the floor surface.
- Wash pads prior to first use to remove any loose lint that may have occurred in packaging or transport.
- Select the appropriate steam setting for your cleaning needs: Use the Dust Setting for quick dusting, Use the Mop Setting for normal everyday steam cleaning, and use the Scrub setting for heavy cleaning (this will leave floors damp), and for use with Carpet Glider.
- Steam your floors with a forward and backward motion.