This article contains the FAQs for the WS630 Series Shark® WANDVAC™ System. This supports the following product SKUs WS620, WS630, WS632, WS632BLBRN, WS632GDBRN, WS632GNBRN, WS632PKBRN, and WS632RGBRN.
Use Boost for an extra burst of suction power. Press and hold the Boost button on the bottom of the handle, on the underside of the hand vacuum. Release the button to return to standard cleaning mode.
- Slide the wand onto the neck of the floor nozzle until it clicks into place.
- Align the hand vacuum nozzle opening with the top of the wand and slide the hand vac on until it clicks into place.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
To charge the battery, plug the Shark charger into the charging dock and place the unit on the dock. You can place the unit in an upright position, or in the side-by -side position by placing the hand vacuum on the post on the storage arm. Make sure the charging contacts on the back of the wand or on the hand vacuum are properly aligned with the contacts on the charging dock. You can also plug the Shark charger directly into the hand vacuum using the port in the nozzle opening. Please note that only Shark chargers should be used to charge the vacuum's battery. Consult your Owner's Guide for a list of approved models. The battery should take approximately 3.5 hours to reach a full charge.
To clean with the hand vacuum, detach it from the wand. Press the release buttons on both sides of the handle and lift the hand vac off the wand. For more cleaning reach, leave the hand vacuum attached to the wand, and detach the wand from the floor nozzle. Press the nozzle release button on the bottom of the wand, then gently pull up on the hand vac to remove the nozzle. Attach an accessory to the nozzle opening on the hand vacuum or the wand opening and begin cleaning. To detach accessories, use the one-touch release buttons, or the nozzle release button.
To clear hair wrap from the self-cleaning brushroll, turn the vacuum on and try cleaning in place on a carpet or area rug for 2 minutes.
- With the vacuum turned off, press the nozzle release button to detach the floor nozzle from the wand.
- Use a coin to turn the 3 locks on the bottom of the floor nozzle counterclockwise to open and then lift off the brushroll cover.
- Clear any blockages and remove any debris from the brushroll and floor nozzle.
- With the cover removed, wipe the brushroll clean with a dry towel.
- Replace the cover by sliding the tabs into the slots. Press down firmly on both sides. Turn locks clockwise to close, until they click in place.
Note: Do not put brushroll cover in the dishwasher. Do not vacuum wet messes.
To insert, slide the battery into the slot of the handle of the hand vacuum. To remove, pinch either side of the battery cap and slide out the battery.
Wandvac System technology allows you to store this vacuum in an upright position, or a compact, side-by-side position.
- Place the unit on the charging dock, with the hook on the back of the wand hanging on the charging post.
- Make sure the contacts on the wand are aligned with the contacts on the charging post.
- Another option is side-by-side storage and charging. Detach the hand vacuum from the wand, then slide the hand vacuum nozzle opening over the post on the storage arm.
- A third option is to plug the charging port directly into the hand vacuum. Unplug the cord from your charging dock and connect it to the port in the hand vac nozzle.
This Shark vacuum has two power settings.
- To clean bare floors or carpets: Press the power button on the handle to turn on the suction.
- Boost mode: Press and hold the boost button on the back base of the handle to activate Boost mode. Press the power button again to turn power off.
Like all lithium-ion products, your battery will naturally decrease in capacity over time from the 100% capacity of a new battery. At full charge, the unit will run for 17 minutes. Using Boost mode exhausts battery life at a faster rate. If Boost mode is engaged at all times, the unit will run for 8 minutes. These runtimes are based on 100% capacity.
The initial battery charge is approximately 30%. Before first use, charge the battery completely. A full charge takes approximately 3.5 hours. Note that battery runtime is affected by the type of cleaning the vacuum is used for. Vacuuming on high pile carpet while using Boost will reduce battery runtime quicker than vacuuming bare floors. If you have more than one battery, it is recommended that you use and charge them equally.
- Dust Cup Capacity: 0.13 Quarts
- Weight of the product: 5.9 pounds
- Dimensions of the product: 11.6in L x 11.2in W x 44.0in H
- Product voltage: 11.1 Volts
The lights on the hand vacuum show the remaining charge in the battery. The lights will also blink and illuminate to show the status of the battery while charging. In addition, the lights will illuminate in certain configurations to inform you of any issues with the hand vacuum or nozzle.
Your battery may feel warm in use as air passes through the vacuum. If it feels uncomfortably warm, stop using the vacuum and allow for the battery to cool. If the battery continues to feel warm, or the indicator lights on the handle display an error message (as outlined in the Owner's Guide), contact Customer Service at sharkclean.com/support. Batteries can get warm from use, which is not optimal for charging. When this occurs, the charger will wait for the battery to cool before it begins charging.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum stops picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. For optimal performance, clean filters regularly. Between cleanings, lightly tap filters over a trash receptacle to remove dust and debris as needed. Rinse the fabric filter once monthly, or as needed.
- To access the fabric filter, first eject the dust cup, then press the filter release latch to remove the filter housing.
- Press the finger tabs on the orange frame of the filter to gently remove it from the filter housing.
- Tap clean.
- Rinse filter with water only.
- Allow filter to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
- To reinstall, slide the filter back into the filter housing back into place, then close the dust cup. Rinse the cyclone filter in the dust cup every 12 months, or as needed.
- Repeat above steps to remove the fabric filter.
- With the dust cup open, lift out the cyclone filter by pulling the wire handle. Wipe the cyclone frame with a damp cloth.
- Rinse the dust cup with water only.
- Allow dust cup and cyclone filter to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
- Once dry, reinstall the cyclone filter. Fold the wire frame back in place.
- Reinstall the fabric filter by sliding it back into the housing. Press the housing back into place, then close the dust cup.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup each time you vacuum.
- With the power switch off and the hand vacuum positioned over a trash can, slide the dust cup release button (underneath the power button) forward. The dust cup door will drop open.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Wipe the dust cup and the mesh screen inside lightly with a dry cloth to remove dust and dirt.
- Close the dust cup door, pressing it until it clicks into place.