This article contains the FAQs for the UV650 Shark® Navigator® Lift-Away®.
The suction control collar on the handle allows you to adjust the suction. To reduce suction and increase maneuverability on carpets, rotate the collar counterclockwise. For more suction on bare floors and when using accessories, rotate the collar clockwise.
To access and clean your brushroll:
- Turn off your vacuum and unplug it.
- Detach the pod from the floor nozzle by pressing the red release button on the side of the pod. Lift off the pod and set it aside.
- Place the nozzle on the floor with the brushroll facing up.
- Remove hair and other debris from the brushroll and airway.
- Use scissors to carefully cut away anything wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
To assemble your vacuum:
- Insert the pod into the motorized floor nozzle.
- Insert the wand into the pod.
- Connect the handle to the wand, pressing until it clicks into place.
- Connect the hose to the back of the pod, pressing until it clicks into place.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
Detach the pod from the floor nozzle to clean above-floor areas.
- From upright vacuum mode, first remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the release button on the bottom of the pod.
- Gently step on the floor nozzle and lift off the pod. Remove the wand from the nozzle, or the handle from the top of the wand.
- To use the handle: Press the handle release button and pull up on the handle to detach it. Install a cleaning tool on the handle.
- To use the extension wand: Press the extension wand release button and lift out the wand by the handle. Install a cleaning tool on the end of the wand.
Press the Power/Surface switch at the top of the pod to setting I for bare floors and cleaning with accessories, or setting II for carpets. To turn off the power, press the switch to the O position. To disengage the brushroll, turn from setting II to setting I.
- Use Setting I (Bare Floors) on delicate carpets and hard-floor surfaces. It is also the setting to use for above-floor cleaning.
- Use Setting II (Carpets) when you want to deep-clean your carpets or pick up hair, pet fur, and fibers.
Certain dry conditions in winter or dry desert areas may cause common static electricity to build up in the vacuum, producing small shocks, similar to what you might experience from contact with doorknobs, wool sweaters, or blankets. This is harmless. In order to avoid this, we recommend moisturizing your hands and/or removing wool socks or sweaters prior to vacuuming.
Make sure you are using setting II (Carpets) Adjusting the amount of suction power will help with push and pull. Rotate the suction control collar on the handle counterclockwise to reduce suction for more maneuverability.
Filters may need to be cleaned if your vacuum stops picking up dirt, airflow is restricted, or you notice lighter or no suction. Between cleanings, hold filters over the trash and tap lightly to remove dust and debris as needed.
Pre-motor foam and felt filters: Rinse the pre-motor filters every 3 months.
- Remove the dust cup, then take out the filters.
- Rinse the filters with water only, then allow them to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- Return the filters to their housing, reinstalling the felt filter first, followed by the foam filter.
- Reattach the dust cup.
Post-motor HEPA filter: Rinse the HEPA filter every 12 months, or as needed.
- Press the tab on top of the filter cover and lift off the cover, then remove the HEPA filter.
- Rinse the filter with water only, then allow it to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- When the filter is completely dry, reinstall it and reattach the cover.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup every time you vacuum, or when debris reaches the MAX FILL line.
- To remove the dust cup, lift the tabs on both sides of the dust cup handle. Tilt the dust cup, then lift it to remove.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button.
- Tap gently to remove contents and wipe the interior of the dust cup with a soft cloth.