* Place the pod onto the floor nozzle post.
* Insert the wand into the pod.
* Insert the handle into the wand.
* Connect the hose into the back of the pod, until it clicks into place.
For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
This Shark® upright vacuum has two powerful settings:
* For bare floors and accessories: press the power button on the vacuum pod to turn on suction, then slide the surface selector to Hard Floor and move the suction slider on the handle to MAX suction. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode.
*For carpets: press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction. Slide the surface selector to Carpet. On higher pile carpets, move suction slider to MIN to improve maneuverability. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning.
To turn your vacuum off, press the power switch on the pod.
Detach the pod from the floor nozzle to clean above-floor areas.
* From upright vacuu
m mode, first remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the foot pedal to release the nozzle. * Gently step on the floor nozzle and lift off the pod. Remove the wand from the pod, or the handle from the top of the wand.
To remove the handle:
*Press the handle release button and pull up on the handle to detach it. Add an accessory to the handle.
To remove the wand:
Press the Wand Release button and lift out the wand by the handle. Add an accessory to the end of the wand.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum stops picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. Between cleanings, hold filters over the trash and tap lightly to remove dust and debris as needed.
Pre-motor foam and felt filters:
* Rinse the pre-motor filters every 3 months.
* Remove the dust cup, then take out the filters.
* Rinse filters with water only and allow them to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
* Return the filters to their housing, reinstalling the felt filter first, followed by the foam filter. * Reattach the dust cup.
Post-motor HEPA filter:
* Rinse the HEPA filter every 12 months, or as needed.
* Press the tab on top of the filter cover and lift off the cover, then remove the HEPA filter.
* Rinse the filter with water only, then allow it to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
When filter is completely dry, reinstall it and reattach the cover.
Press the button on the side of the floor nozzle to pop out the Soft Roller. To clean the Soft Roller, rinse it with water only, and let it air-dry completely for at least 24 hours. Do not put Soft Roller in the dishwasher or washing machine.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup each time you vacuum, or when debris reaches the MAX FILL line.
* Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom release button. The bottom lid will drop open.
* Tap gently to empty contents.
* Press the lid shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and lift the tab under the Shark logo to open the upper lid.
* Tap gently to remove contents and wipe the interior of the dust cup with a soft cloth.
* Check to make sure your vacuum is plugged in properly.
* Check circuit breaker and fuse.
* Ensure your vacuum is powered on.
To reset the motor thermostat:
* Turn off and unplug your vacuum.
* Clear any blockages from the nozzle, hoses, and airways.
* Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
* Allow your vacuum to cool for a minimum of 60 minutes.
Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power.
If the brushrolls aren't spinning, but you notice that the motor is running, check the following:
* Is the brushroll indicator light on the top of the floor nozzle solid red, flashing red or flashing green?
* If the brushroll indicator light is SOLID red:
*Turn off the power and unplug your vacuum.
* Ensure your vacuum is on the appropriate carpet setting.
* Clear any jams in the brushrolls.
* Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power.
* If the brushroll indicator light is FLASHING red, check for clogs in the brushrolls and allow the unit to cool for 60 minutes before turning it back on:
* Turn off the power and unplug your vacuum.
* Detach the floor nozzle from the wand and pod. * Carefully remove any hair or debris from the brushrolls.
* Clear any clogs inside the nozzle openings.
* Reconnect the floor nozzle to the wand and pod.
* Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power.
If your vacuum indicator light is FLASHING green:
* The vacuum is operating in an environment that is either too hot or too cold. This vacuum will only function properly in temperatures ranging from 32°F to 104°F.
* Turn your vacuum off and adjust the room temperature.
* Once the temperature has reached the operating range, turn your vacuum back on If problem persists, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
Certain dry temperatures in winter or dry desert areas may cause common static electricity to build up in your vacuum, producing small shocks, like what you might experience from contact with doorknobs, wool sweaters, or blankets. This is harmless. To avoid this, we recommend moisturizing your hands and/or removing wool socks or sweaters prior to vacuuming.
1. Turn off and unplug your vacuum.
2. Remove the dust cup. Holding it over a trash receptacle, press the release button near the bottom of the dust cup. The lid will drop open to let dust and debris fall into the trash.
3. Open the top lid on the dust cup by lifting the tab underneath the Shark logo. Clear away any debris from the cone- shaped screen inside the dust cup, then close the lid.
4. Remove the pre-motor filters from behind the dust cup. Tap filters clean over the trash to remove any excess dirt and other particles.
5. Reattach the dust cup without the filters.
6. Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power. Check for suction at the handle.
7. Remove the dust cup and reinstall the felt filter first, followed by the foam filter. Reattach the dust cup.
8. Detach the handle from the wand and the hose from the back of your vacuum.
9. Hold the handle with the opening facing up. Drop a coin into the inlet. If the coin doesn't fall through the hose, then there is a clog that must be cleared.
10. Clear any clogs, then reattach the handle and hose.
11. Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power. Check for suction at the end of the handle.
12. To access the nozzle hose, turn the nozzle over. Open the locks on the bottom of the floor nozzle by using a coin to turn them counterclockwise.
13. Clear away any clogs or debris around the brushrolls and in the nozzle openings.
14. Once all clogs have been cleared, close the nozzle hose cover and use a coin to turn the locks clockwise to close them.
15. Reconnect the floor nozzle to the wand and pod.
16. Plug in your vacuum and turn on the power. Test for suction.
If problem persists, please contact Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
* To minimize the risk of power cord damage, DO NOT run your vacuum over the power cord. If this occurs, immediately shut off power to your vacuum and remove the cord from the brushrolls or nozzle.
* Inspect the power cord and plug for any damage before use. DO NOT use vacuum cleaner with a damaged cord or plug. Turn off the power before plugging in or unplugging your vacuum cleaner. Store your vacuum cleaner with the power cord secured around the two cord hooks.