This article contains the FAQs for the NV700 / UV700 Series Shark® DuoClean® with Zero-M® Lift-Away®. This supports the following product SKUs UV700, NV700C and NV700.
- Turn the power off by pressing the Power/Surface Selector button.
- Unplug the vacuum.
- Check for clogged hoses or filters. Clear any clogs (refer to "How do I check for blockages?" above) and clean filters as necessary.
- Wait a minimum of 45 minutes for the vacuum to cool, then plug in the vacuum.
- Press the Power/Surface Selector button to start the vacuum.
- Note: If vacuum still does not start, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
It is possible that the vacuum has overheated. It is equipped with a motor protective thermostat that shuts down the vacuum when it overheats. To reset, see "How do I reset the motor thermostat?" above.
For optimal performance, clean the filters regularly. Normal usage is between 4-6 hours a week. Between cleanings, hold filters over a trash bin and tap them lightly to remove loose/excess dust and other particles.
- Pre-Motor foam and felt filters: under normal usage, clean every 3 months or as needed.
- Post-Motor HEPA filter: under normal usage, clean every 12 months or as needed. Rinse all filters with water only and allow them to air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. Between washings, tap filters clean to remove excess dust and debris.
With the dust cup removed, take out the donut-shaped filter assembly from the top of the motor housing. Remove the foam and felt filters and rinse them with water until the water runs clear. Let filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. Do not clean filters in the dishwasher or washing machine. When completely dry, install the felt filter in the vacuum first, then add the foam filter.
To access the HEPA filter, reach under the filter cover, pull the latch forward, and pull the cover away from the vacuum. Remove the HEPA filter and rinse with water with the dirty side face-down until the water runs clear. Let filter air-dry completely for 24 hours before reinstalling. Replace the cover by lining up the tabs and closing the cover, pressing down until it clicks into place.
Check the filters if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter suction or no suction. For optimal performance, clean filters according to the regular cleaning schedule, and tap loose dust and debris off them between cleanings as needed.
To open the brushroll garage, slide both brushroll access buttons toward the back of the cleaner head, and the garage lid will pop open. Close lid completely before using the vacuum by pressing down firmly on both sides until it clicks into place.
- Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the handle is tilted back.
- Make sure the Power/Surface Selector switch is set to the correct setting for the surface being cleaned. If vacuuming thick carpet or area rugs, make sure the correct setting is selected. Adjust the suction control collar on the handle if needed.
- If the red light is illuminated on the cleaner head, see "How do I check for blockages?" above.
- Open the brushroll garage by sliding back both brushroll access buttons, then lifting off the lid. Run scissors along the guide in the bristle brushroll to cut away any hair, string, or debris. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles. The Soft Roller can be removed by lifting the PULL tab located at the end of the roller. Wipe the Soft Roller with a dry cloth and remove any debris from the housing.
- Make sure the brushroll garage is completely closed by pressing down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks into place. If brushroll does not work and headlights flash, refer to "What does it mean when the headlights in the nozzle flash?" section below.
First, turn the power off and unplug the vacuum. Remove the brushroll garage located on the top of the nozzle by sliding both Access Brushroll buttons toward the back of the nozzle. Pull out the soft roller using the PULL tab located on the right side. Remove any debris from the soft roller housing. Wipe the soft roller with a dry paper towel. If desired, wash the roller with water only and let air-dry completely for up to 24 hours before reinstalling. Reinsert the soft roller by sliding it into the front of the nozzle, starting on the left side, until it clicks into place. Close the brushroll garage by inserting the tabs on the lid into the slots, then pressing down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks into place.
This means that the brushroll garage is not completely closed. Turn the vacuum off. Press down on both sides of the garage where you see "Press to Close" until the lid clicks into place. Turn the vacuum back on and tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle to activate the brushrolls.
Pull up on the dust cup release latches on the rear of the dust cup handle, and lift the dust cup away from the vacuum body. Note: The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when it appears full.
Hold the dust cup over a trash bin and press the bottom door release button on the front. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside-down over the trash bin and press the top door release button. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when the debris reaches the MAX fill line.
The powerful LED headlights are designed to illuminate debris in dark spaces to make cleaning more efficient. The headlights will illuminate whenever the power is on. The headlights are designed to last the life of the vacuum so they never need replacing.
The Shark DuoClean with Zero-M Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is a lightweight, compact upright vacuum with the power and versatility to clean all surfaces. DuoClean technology picks up large, small, and fine debris from carpets and bare floors. Zero-M technology actively removes hair wrap as you clean. With Lift-Away technology you can detach the lightweight pod to easily clean stairs, furniture, ceilings, and other above-floor areas. Advanced Swivel Steering offers the easy maneuverability around and under furniture. Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology traps over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum, keeping them out of the air you breathe.* The brushroll garage opens easily, giving you quick access to your brushrolls for convenient maintenance. *Based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger.
DuoClean technology combines a bristle brush to deep-clean carpets with an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
Lift-Away technology allows you to lift-off the pod and use it as a lightweight vacuum to easily clean above-floor surfaces such as stairs, furniture, ceilings, and more.
The sealed HEPA system captures and traps dust and allergens, not releasing them back into the air you breathe.
The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal. Zero-M removes long hair, short hair and pet hair from the brushroll as you clean.
It is meant for all types of hair, long, short, and pet hair. The unique bristle guard and comb separates hair from the brushroll and sucks it into the dust cup.
- Shark offers a full assortment of accessories to handle all your cleaning needs. Some of these accessories may be included with your vacuum. Accessories are available for purchase on sharkaccessories.com.
- -12" Crevice Tool: Clean in corners and other tight spaces or reach baseboards and ceilings with this slim crevice tool.
- Upholstery Tool: picks up pet hair and large particles from curtains and other delicate fabrics like lampshades, shelves, tables, and walls.
- Duster Crevice Tool: Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended cleaning reach for small spaces, while the soft dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces.
- Pet Multi-Tool: A single convertible tool that offers two ways to battle tough pet messes: first, a stiff bristle brush removes stuck-on debris. Then take off the bristles to reveal an upholstery tool for cleaning stubborn pet hair and large piles of debris from upholstery, tabletops, and more.
- Pet Power Brush: designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery.
- Accessory Storage Bag: Store all your vacuum accessories in this drawstring bag.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories at sharkaccessories.com.
The power cord is 30 feet long.
46 inches high, 12.2 inches wide, and 11.2 inches deep.
0.9 dry quarts to the MAX fill line.
The Shark DuoClean with Zero-M Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
The crevice tool and the dusting brush can be stored onboard the specially designed accessory tool-holders on the back of the vacuum for quick and easy access.
The Shark DuoClean with Zero-M Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
It's available in a dark plasma blue, and a charcoal/purple version in Canada.
The Shark DuoClean with Zero-M Lift-Away Upright Vacuum has two suface settings for cleaning: Carpet setting for deep-cleaning carpets, and Hard Floor setting for cleaning hardwood, ceramic tile, or area rugs. - Hard floors: Simply slide the Power/Surface Selector button on the top of the pod to the Hard Floor setting and press down to turn on. Then tilt the handle back while you gently step on the cleaner head to activate the brushrolls. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. - Carpets: Slide the Power/Surface Selector button on the top of the pod to the Carpet setting and press down. Then tilt the handle back while you gently step on the cleaner head to start the brushrolls. Note that the brushrolls will spin faster in this mode. The brushroll indicator light on the cleaner head will illuminate green when the brushroll is engaged. Note that the headlights will illuminate any time the power is on.
Lift-Away cleaning mode allows you to clean above-floor areas quickly and efficiently. To convert to Lift-Away from upright vacuum mode, quickly release the power cord by turning the top cord hook. Press the Lift-Away button to detach the pod, then lift it by the carrying handle. Keep the cord out of the way by wrapping it around the upper cord hook. To clean with the wand for longer reach, press the Release Wand button. For up-close cleaning, detach the handle by pressing the handle release latch. Cleaning accessories can be attached to the either the handle or the wand.
To turn the vacuum off, press the Power/Surface Selector button.
Press the handle release latch to detach the handle from the top of the wand. Then attach an accessory and begin cleaning.
Remove the cord from the cord hook, then press the Release Wand button located on the top of the pod. Pull up on the handle to remove the wand from the pod, then attach a cleaning accessory. To replace the wand, simply guide it behind the pod and press down until it clicks into place.
Due to the tremendous suction power of the Shark DuoClean with Zero-M Lift-Away Upright Vacuum, the variable suction feature allows you to adjust the suction level to optimize cleaning on certain surfaces. This feature should be used for cleaning certain high-pile carpets and area rugs, rugs with fringe, or when cleaning delicate fabrics (such as curtains) with your accessories. The suction control is located at the base of the handle. To decrease suction, slide the control toward MIN. To increase suction, slide toward MAX.
Additional accessories can be stored in an accessory bag, which can be purchased online at sharkaccessories.com.
If some fibers or string remain wrapped around the brushroll after continued use, carefully cut debris with scissors and remove from brushroll. Clear any remaining debris or blockages from the cleaner head.
If you see any hair wrapped around the brushroll, extending cleaning time will assist Zero-M technology in removing it for you. Continue cleaning in Low Carpet mode on bare-floor surfaces to allow hair to make its way to the dust cup.
- Check to see if it is plugged in properly and all the vacuum parts are securely connected.
- Check the circuit breaker/fuse.
- Check to make sure the Power/Surface Selector button has been pushed.
- If vacuum still does not run, see "How do I reset the motor thermostat?" below.
- Check the dust cup and empty if necessary.
- Check and clean the filters.
- Check the brushrolls and clean if needed.
- If the dust cup, filters and brushroll don't require cleaning, check for blockages. (See "How do I check for blockages?" below.)
- Check for blockages. (See "How do I check for blockages?" below.)
- Check accessories and clear blockages if necessary.
- Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
- Remove handle, wand, hose, and floor nozzle and clear any blockages.
- Check the air duct behind the dust cup.
- Open the brushroll garage and remove any blockages in the air path and any excess fibers or debris wrapped around the brushrolls.
- Try using the Hard Floor setting so the brushroll will spin slower.
- Slide the suction control on the handle to MIN to decrease suction.