1. Insert the mop handle into the steam mop body until it clicks into place. 2. Place both pads flat on the floor with the plastic rings facing up. Align the indent on the discs on the bottom of the mop head with the plastic rings on the pads, then gently lower the mop head onto the pads, pressing until the pads are secured
1. Ensure that two Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads are attached to the mop head and that the water tank has been filled with distilled water. 2. Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet. The unit will go into Standby mode, and the settings lights will flash. 3. To select a steam mode, press the mode button once for LIGHT, twice for NORMAL, and 3 times for Standby. 4. Tilt the mop handle down to activate the spinning discs. 5. Use a forward and backward motion when mopping. Caution: Test in a small inconspicuous area and contact the manufacturer or installer for specific information on the surface or material to be steamed. Do not mop any one area for an extended period. Caution: Only use distilled water. Using cleaning solutions may damage the unit.
This unit has 2 unique Intelligent Steam Control settings so you can select the speed of the rotating discs and choose the ideal amount of steam to use for each cleaning task. LIGHT: Use on hardwood, laminate, and vinyl. For cleaning delicate surfaces, loosening and lifting light dirt, and light cleaning and dusting. NORMAL: Use on marble, tile, and stone. Cleans most surfaces and large areas. For basic, everyday cleaning, cleaning moderate and heavy-traffic areas, and sanitizing* floors. *Sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test conditions. Household conditions and results may vary. Only in NORMAL mode.
1. To open the water tank, pull the lid down. 2. Use the filling flask to pour distilled water into the tank. Make sure not to exceed the Max Fill line. 3. When finished, close the tank lid firmly. Caution: Only use distilled water. Using cleaning solutions may damage the unit.
It is important to wash the pads to remove any loose lint or fibers that might have adhered to the pad during packaging or in transport. Pads should be washed with liquid detergent only. Powdered detergent can leave a residue on the pad. Avoid bleach and fabric softeners. Dry pads on a low dryer setting or line-dry.
This unit is designed for use on most hard floor surfaces. We recommend that you first test an isolated area of the surface to be cleaned and review the use and care instructions from your floor manufacturer. Surfaces/materials where the steam mop should NOT be used: 1. Wax-polished furniture or floors. 2. Unsealed or unglazed ceramic floors, unsealed wooden and wax floors, and some unwaxed floors. 3. In cases of surfaces treated with wax and some unwaxed floors, the sheen may be removed by heat or steam. Test an isolated area first to see if sheen is affected. Steam mops are ideal for laminate, bamboo, hardwood, marble, tile, and stone. See Owner's Guide for usage instructions
1. Attach two clean Dirt Grip Soft Scrub pads to the mop head. 2. Plug in the unit and press the mode button twice to select the NORMAL setting. Then tilt the mop handle down to activate the spinning discs. 3. Wait 30 seconds for the unit to begin producing steam. 4. Start mopping on an appropriate sealed hard floor surface, using a forward and backward motion. After 3 minutes, the unit will be ready to sanitize. 5. Using a forward and backward motion, move the unit over the area to be sanitized. Repeat at least 15 times. *Sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test conditions. Household conditions and results may vary. Only in NORMAL mode.
Only use distilled water. DO NOT use any cleaning solutions, scented perfumes, oils, vinegar, or any other chemicals, as they may damage the unit or make it unsafe to use
We recommend emptying the water after each use to properly store the unit.
1. Press the mode button until the settings lights start to blink, indicating that you are in Standby mode, and then lift the handle to put the unit in the upright position. 2. Unplug the cord from the outlet and allow it to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before storing.
1. Press the mode button to return to Standby mode (lights will flash). 2. Unplug the cord from the outlet. 3. Wait 2 to 3 minutes for the unit to cool. 4. After the unit has cooled and the steam has been released, empty the water tank and remove the pads. 5. Wrap the power cord around the two cord hooks and store the unit. Note: Allow the unit to cool for 2 to 3 minutes before storing it. Never leave the steam mop with a damp or wet pad on any floor for an extended period
Wash the pads with liquid detergent, not powder, as powder can leave a residue on the pads or leave a coating. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners as they may damage the pads or leave a coating that will reduce their cleaning performance and absorbency. Line-dry or dry on a low dryer setting. Loose fibers can indicate wearing of the microfiber fabric. Do not pull the loose fibers. Trim them with scissors. For best performance, we recommend replacing pads every 3-4 months.
Pad lifespan is affected by factors such as frequency of use, type of cleaning (heavy or light) and how often the pads are washed and dried. Under normal household conditions, when using the product for routine cleaning a few times per week, we recommend replacing the pads every 3-4 months
If the mop was left in the same location for an extended period, clean the spot directly with cleaning solution recommended by your floor manufacturer, then see if the white spot remains. If so, check for a dripping or dirty Dirt Grip Soft Scrub pad and change pads if needed
The Shark Steam & Scrub glides best on hard floor surfaces when steam is being produced. If there is steam output, check that the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub pads are correctly attached to the mop head. If the pads are attached properly, ensure that your mop has been on for at least 3 minutes. If not, the pads may need more time to saturate. Leave the mop on for at least 3 minutes and check to see if it is still difficult to push.
Check to ensure that the Dirt Grip Soft Scrub Pads are attached correctly to the mop head and no plastic is touching the ground. If mopping under furniture, ensure the mop body does not make contact with the hard floor surface.
If no steam is seen around the edges of the mop head, make sure the water tank is filled to the Max Fill line. Make sure the steam settings lights are on and flashing, then select the highest steam mode.
Make sure the Shark Steam & Scrub is plugged into an electrical outlet. If the steam settings lights are flashing, then select a steam mode and tilt the mop handle down to activate the spinning discs. If the steam settings lights won't turn on, try plugging the unit into a different outlet. Select a steam mode and tilt the mop handle down to activate the spinning discs. Check for steam output.
If the steam settings lights won't turn on, try plugging the unit into a different outlet. If the lights are flashing, press the mode button to select a steam setting. Once a steam mode has been selected, tilt the mop handle down to activate the spinning discs. Check for steam output.
If your Shark Steam & Scrub is in NORMAL mode, press the mode button twice to select LIGHT mode. Check the pads. If the pads are dripping wet, change them. Note: Never leave the steam mop with a damp or wet pad on any floor for an extended period.
- What is the water tak capacity? 10.82 fluid ounces - What is the cord length on this unit? 22 Feet - What is the weight of the product? 7.8 pounds - What are the dimensions of the unit? 13.7in L x 6.75in W x 46.5in H - What is the product voltage? 120 Volts
To remove, push the screwdriver into the hole under the cord hook and at the same time start to wiggle the handle upwards. The white tab is hard to push in.