The powerful LED headlights are designed to illuminate debris in dark spaces to make cleaning even more efficient. Headlights will illuminate whenever the power is on and are designed to last the life of the vacuum.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away has three powerful settings for cleaning. -For bare floors, accessories and delicate area rugs: Press the power button on the vacuum pod to turn on suction, then slide the surface selector to "hard floor." Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. -For low pile carpets: Press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction. Slide the surface selector to "carpet/low pile". While the power is on, tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning. -For thick carpets and area rugs: Press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction. Slide the surface selector to "thick carpet/area rug". While the power is on, tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning.
Make sure the unit is unplugged. Remove the filter cover from the front of the vacuum by pulling the latch from under the motor housing. Remove the HEPA filter cartridge and rinse under lukewarm water, dirty side down, until the water runs clear. Allow the filter to air-dry completely for 24 hours. Once the HEPA filter is dry, place it back into the vacuum, then replace the cover by lining up the tabs on one side and swinging the door securely closed until it clicks into place.
Powered Lift-Away cleaning mode allows you to vacuum anywhere. To convert from upright to Lift-Away mode, quickly release the cord by turning the top cord wrap. Then press the Lift-Away and wand release buttons on the top of the canister. This will unlock the handle with wand and detach the pod from the floor nozzle. These buttons can be pushed together for quick release or separately if you want to release just the canister or just the cleaning wand. Next, pull the canister up by the handle while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. Grab the top handle with your other hand. You are now ready to clean stairs, your car, and other hard-to-reach areas. You can attach the cord to the cord hook just below the handle to keep it of your way while vacuuming.
Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front of the unit. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
The model number is displayed on the product's rating label, which can be found on the back of the unit.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. To maintain optimal performance, tap filters clean periodically and wash them according to the regular cleaning schedule to maintain optimal performance.
Make sure the unit is unplugged. To open the brushroll garage, simultaneously slide both buttons up on the nozzle. The brushroll door will pop open. To remove any string, hair or debris that may be wrapped around the brushroll, use scissors to cut along the groove. Close the brushroll garage completely, pressing firmly on either side until it clicks before using the vacuum.
The soft roller pull tab is located on the right side of the nozzle and can only be accessed once the garage door is off. If needed, wash the soft roller using only water and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours. Do not put brushroll in the dishwasher or washing machine.
Press the dust cup release button on the rear of the pod and lift the dust cup up and away from the vacuum body. Note: The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when the dust cup appears full.
Press the handle release button on the back of the handle with one hand. Gently pull up with the other hand to remove the handle from wand. Add the desired accessory and begin cleaning.
First, remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the wand release button located near the top of the canister behind the wand. Gently pull up on the handle to remove the wand. Add the desired accessory to the end of the wand and begin cleaning. To replace, simply guide the wand behind the canister and press down until you hear a click.
To turn the vacuum off, press the power button on the handle. The next time you turn the vacuum on, it will start in the mode in which you left it.
Make sure the unit is unplugged. Remove the dust cup and pull the foam filter out from the motor housing. Then remove the felt filter using the small ribbon pull tab. Rinse filters thoroughly in lukewarm water until the water runs clear. Squeeze out excess water and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before replacing. Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine. To replace inside the vacuum once dry, put the felt filter in first, then add the foam filter.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when debris reaches the "max fill" line.
Clean filters regularly for optimal performance. Between washings, tap filters clean over the trash to remove excess dust and other particles. -Pre-motor foam & felt filters: Under normal usage, rinse and let air-dry completely (for at least 24 hours). We recommend washing every 3 months. -Post-motor filter: Under normal usage, rinse and air-dry once every 12 months or as needed.
All Shark vacuums come with high-quality, washable filters that can be used and re-used, plus lifetime belts that never need replacing. These are designed to last the life of the product, which means there are no hidden maintenance costs. -Lifetime filters: The Shark Powered Lift-Away Speed has a filter system that will last the life of your vacuum, with minimal maintenance and no replacement costs required. Your filters will discolor over time but will not lose their effectiveness. -Lifetime belts: The Shark Powered Lift-Away Speed's intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wear if the brushroll is blocked by a large object, such as a sock or carpet edge. Simply turn off the power, unplug the vacuum, remove the obstruction, and return to vacuuming " with no belt maintenance or replacement costs to worry about.
The vacuum is 10.6 inches long, 12.2 inches wide, and 47.2 inches tall.
Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away offers a full assortment of accessories to help with your cleaning needs. Some accessories may be included with the vacuum you purchased. Please reference your Quick Start Guide or the inside panel of the box. All accessories listed below are compatible with your DuoClean Powered Lift-Away and are available for purchase on http://www.sharkaccessories.com. -Pet power brush: Designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery. -Pet multi-tool: This 2-in-1 combination tool is designed to dust a multitude of surfaces, pick up large piles of debris, and remove pet hair from curtains and other delicate fabrics. -Duster crevice tool: Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended cleaning reach for small spaces, while the dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces. -TruePet motorized brush: Deep cleaning in the palm of your hand. Picks up pet hair and loose debris. Powerfully picks up pet hair and dander on upholstery and other surfaces.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away comes in sage and dark cyan.
Powered Lift-Away extends the reach of the powered cleaning head to get all the way in, around, behind, and under every tough-to-reach area of your home. Imagine deep cleaning your entire house without ever moving a single piece of furniture.
If your vacuum is an unsealed HEPA vacuum, dirt and allergens you vacuum up can escape back into the air that you breathe before they even reach the HEPA filter. With Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology incorporated into the HEPA filter. -Based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger.
1.5 dry quarts to the MAX FILL line
The dust cup holds 1.5 dry quarts to the "max fill" line. It has an easy, bottom-empty design for quick removal of debris.
Shark's most advanced upright vacuum, with full-sized Shark power and capacity. It features DuoClean Technology to deep clean carpets and bare floors, Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a detachable canister for portable multi-floor cleaning.
The cord is 30 feet long.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away is produced with a combination of durable plastics, like ABS and PP, along with some metal and rubber components.
The vacuum weighs approximately 17.2 lbs.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories on http://www.sharkaccessories.com or through Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away is available on http://www.sharkclean.com through Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375, or at any one of our retail partners across the U.S.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
The Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away is equipped with DuoClean Technology: a dual-brushroll system featuring a bristle brush to deep clean carpets and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.It also features two unique ways to vacuum in one with Powered Lift-Away . This vacuum delivers strong suction and powerful cleaning on all surfaces and features enhanced swivel steering for ultimate maneuverability. Plus, it comes with our Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. -Based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger.
The LED lights in the nozzle and handle should not burn out.
1. Turn off and unplug the vacuum. 2. Remove and empty the dust cup. Press the release button near the top of the dust cup to open the lid. Reach inside to ensure no dust or debris is blocking airflow through the metal debris screen in the center of the dust cup. 3. Detach the hose from the back of the main body. Check the connection point and the end of the hose. Clear any blockages and reattach the hose, making sure you hear a "click." 4. Press the "Wand Release" button to detach the wand from the nozzle. Set the wand and handle aside. 5. Press the "Lift-Away" button to remove the main body from the nozzle. Set the main body aside. 6. Use both hands to press the "Brushroll Access" button on the top of the nozzle. Lift the brushroll garage door to remove. 7. Remove the bristle brushroll using the pull tab on the end. Use the orange hair removal tool to clear any hair or debris lodged inside the nozzle or wrapped around the brushroll. 8. Check for additional debris inside the nozzle. Clear debris. 9. Remove the soft orange brushroll by grabbing the pull tab on the right side of the nozzle. Clear any hair and debris from the brushroll and compartment. 10. With the nozzle headlights facing you, reinsert the soft brushroll. Replace the right side of the brushroll first. Then, with the word "pull" facing out, push down on the left side of the brushroll, listening for a "click." 11. Reinsert the garage door and press firmly on either side until you hear a "click". 12. Reattach the pod and wand to the nozzle, then reattach the hose to the main body. 13. Plug in the unit. Place your foot on the nozzle and tilt the handle back to engage the brushroll. Turn on the vacuum. 14. Blockages should be cleared and the vacuum should be running properly.
The vacuum cleaner is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. If for some reason your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the unit off. Should this occur, perform the following steps to restart the motor thermostat: 1. Turn off and unplug the vacuum. 2. Remove and empty the dust cup. Press the release button near the top of the dust cup to open the lid and check for blockages. 3. Remove the foam and felt filters from the vacuum and set them aside. 4. Plug in the unit and place your hand in the filter area to check for airflow. Air should be flowing when the vacuum is turned on. If air is not flowing TSF. 5. Unplug the unit and allow it to cool for a minimum of 45 minutes. 6. While the unit is cooling, check for blockages (see "How do I check for blockages?"). 7. After the unit has cooled, plug it back in and press the power button. If the vacuum does not restart properly,TSF
1. Unplug the vacuum. 2. Use the "Lift-Away" button to remove the main body from the wand. Use the "Wand Release" latch to disconnect the wand from the nozzle. 3. Turn the nozzle upside down so the bottom is visible. Inspect the small front wheels and clear any hair or debris. 4. Manually turn the wheels. If the wheels turn freely, reassemble the vacuum. 5. Plug the vacuum in and turn it on. 6. Begin vacuuming. If the wheels are still squeaking TSF.
If the vacuum is making a strange noise, check for blockages (see "How do I check for blockages?"). Note: Switching the vacuum to "thick carpet/area rug" mode will increase the speed of the brushroll and may create a louder noise.
1. Switch the unit to "Thick Carpet/Area Rug" mode. Turn on the vacuum and tilt it back to engage the brushrolls. 2. Check the brushroll indicator light on the nozzle. 3. If the light is red, there may be a blockage in the nozzle (see "How do I check for blockages?"). 4. If the light is off or intermittent and brushrolls are not spinning, ensure all connections are secure. Detach the hose, handle with wand, and nozzle. Check connection points for blockages and clear any debris. Reassemble the vacuum, ensuring there is an audible "click" when all connections are made. 5. If the light is green and the brushroll is not spinning, TSF 6. If the light is flashing red, allow the vacuum 45 minutes to cool before attempting to restart. Check the nozzle for blockages and clean the brushrolls.
1. Detach the hose from the back of the unit and turn the vacuum on. If the vacuum does not turn on, it may be overheated. Reset the motor thermostat (see "How do I reset the motor thermostat?"). 2. Plug the hose back into the main body, ensuring there is an audible "click." Tilt the vacuum back to engage the brushroll and turn on the unit. Check to see if the brushroll is spinning. If the brushroll does not spin, see "What should I do if the brushroll stops spinning?"
1. Turn off and unplug the vacuum. 2. Remove and empty the dust cup. Press the release button near the top of the dust cup to open the lid and check for blockages. 3. Remove the foam and felt filters from the vacuum and set them aside. 4. Plug in the unit and place your hand in the filter area to check for airflow. Air should be flowing when the vacuum is turned on. If air is not flowing TSF 5. Reassemble the filters and dust cup. 6. Detach the hose from the back of the vacuum and check for blockages. 7. Remove the wand from the unit and check for blockages. 8. Press the "Lift-Away" button and remove the main body from the nozzle. Check the area where the nozzle connects to the wand and remove any blockages. 9. Use both hands to slide up the "Brushroll Access" buttons on the nozzle. Open the brushroll garage and remove any hair or debris. 10. With the nozzle headlights facing you, reinsert the garage door and press firmly on either side until you hear a "click".