This article contains the FAQs for the NV200 Series Shark® DuoClean® Slim. This supports the following product SKUs NV200, NV200C, NV200Q, NV201, NV202, NV202C, QU201QBL, QU202QBL, QU202QPL, QU202QRD, QU202QS, QU203QBL, QU203QPL, QU203QRD, and QU203QS.
Shark's only Slim upright with DuoClean Technology is ultra-powerful and lightweight. It's DuoClean Technology dual brushroll system has two brushrolls working in unison to remove the three types of dirt from your floors and carpets: large, small and stuck-on particles. Its Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology system traps over 99.99% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum*, keeping them out of the air you breathe. *Based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger.
The model number is displayed on the product's rating label, which can be found on the handheld portion, behind the dust cup.
Where can I purchase additional accessories or replacement parts?
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories on this website, at sharkaccessories.com or through Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
If your vacuum is an unsealed HEPA vacuum, dirt and allergens that you vacuum up can escape back into the air that you breathe before they even reach the HEPA filter. With Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology incorporated with the HEPA filter, the vacuum captures and holds over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum*, so that it is not released back into the air you breathe. *Based on ASTM F1977 of particles 0.3 microns and larger.
All Shark vacuums come with high-quality, washable filters that can be used and reused, plus a lifetime belt that never needs replacing. These are designed to last the life of the product and are backed by Shark's leading 5-year warranty. This means there are no hidden maintenance costs.
- Lifetime Filters: The Shark DuoClean filter system will last the life of your vacuum, with minimal maintenance and no replacement costs required. Your filters will discolor over time but will not lose their effectiveness.
- Lifetime belt: The Shark DuoClean intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wear if the brushroll is blocked by a large object, such as a sock or carpet edge. Simply turn off the power, unplug the vacuum, remove the obstruction, and return to vacuuming with no belt maintenance or replacement costs to worry about.
The cord is 25 feet long.
10.23" L X 11.81" W X 45.28" H.
The Shark DuoClean Slim Upright is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
It comes in Granite Grey and Charcoal Grey with eye-catching orange accents.
The Shark DuoClean Slim Upright is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
The Shark DuoClean Slim Upright vacuum has two powerful settings for cleaning: Carpet Mode and Hard Floor Mode. Note that the headlights will illuminate anytime the power is on.
- Hard Floors: Press the power button on top of the canister to turn on suction. Make sure the green light on the other side of the canister labeled "Carpet/Hard Floor" is NOT illuminated. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode.
- Carpets: Press the power button on top of the canister to turn on suction. Make sure the green light on the other side of the canister labeled "Carpet/Hard Floor" is illuminated. If it's not, press the Mode Selector button to illuminate it. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will begin spinning. Note that the brushrolls will spin faster in this mode.
- Hose and accessories for above floor mode: Press the handle or wand release button on the back of the handle, depending on the amount of reach you require. Lift the handle up, insert an accessory onto the end of the wand, press the power button, and begin cleaning.
To turn the vacuum off, simply press the power button.
Press the handle release button on the backside of the handle with one hand. Gently pull up with the other hand to remove the handle from the wand. Add the desired accessory and begin cleaning.
Press the wand release on the backside of the handle with one hand and gently pull up on the top handle to the remove wand. Add the desired accessory to the end of the wand and begin cleaning. To replace, simply guide the wand behind the canister and press down until you hear an audible click.
The Shark DuoClean Slim Upright vacuum also can lift away for portable cleaning and the ultimate lightweight experience. Simply detach the handle or wand and attach the desired accessory to the end. Remove the floor nozzle by pressing the nozzle release button on the side of the vacuum. Pull the canister up by the handle while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. You are now ready to clean hard-to-reach areas, like stairs or your car. To keep the cord out of your way while vacuuming, attach it to the cord hook just below the handle.
Due to the tremendous suction of the Shark DuoClean Slim Upright vacuum, the variable suction feature has been added. This feature should be used for cleaning certain high-pile carpets and area rugs, rugs with fringe, or when using accessories to clean delicate fabrics such as curtains. To release the suction, simply turn the collar around the handle counterclockwise. To close again for maximum suction, turn the collar clockwise.
The powerful LED headlights are designed to illuminate debris in dark spaces to make cleaning more efficient. The headlights will illuminate whenever the power is on and are designed to last the life of the vacuum.
For optimal performance, clean filters regularly. Between washings, tap foam filters over the trash to remove any excess dust and other particles.
- Pre-motor foam filter: Under normal usage, rinse and let air-dry completely (for 24 hours) every month.
- Pre-motor felt filter: Under normal usage, rinse and let air-dry completely (for 24 hours) every month.
- Post-motor HEPA filter: Under normal usage, rinse and air-dry once every 12 months or as needed.
We recommend washing pre-motor filters every month. You can also tap loose dirt off filters between washes as needed. To wash, remove the dust cup and pull out the foam and felt filters underneath. Wash both under tap water until the water runs clean. Squeeze out excess water and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours. Once dry, place the filters back into your vacuum, starting with the felt filter, then adding the foam filter on top. Note that your foam filters may appear dirty after first use " this is normal. These filters will discolor over time " this is also normal.
There is a post-motor HEPA filter located on the bottom of the unit, which should be cleaned approximately every 12 months. To remove, fully recline the vacuum body to access the HEPA cartridge. You can also remove the floor nozzle by pressing the orange nozzle release button on the side of the unit. Next, turn the latch to the unlock symbol, remove the bottom cover, and press the button to release the filter frame. Rinse under tap water until the water runs clean, then let air-dry for at least 24 hours. Once dry, place the HEPA filter back into your vacuum and secure the cover on the bottom of the unit.
How do I remove and maintain the soft roller?
The soft roller eject button is located along the left side of the nozzle. Slide it up to eject the soft roller. Pull off any hair/fiber buildup behind the roller housing. If needed, wash the soft roller using only water and let air-dry completely for at least 24 hours. Do not put brushrolls in the dishwasher or washing machine.
The dust cup holds 0.8 dry quarts to the fill line and 1.8 dry quarts of real usable capacity. It has an easy, bottom-empty design for quick removal of debris, plus top-empty access for removal of more stubborn debris.
To empty the dust cup, first remove it from the vacuum. Press the dust cup release button on the top of the canister and lift off the dust cup. Next, hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front of the unit. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut until it clicks. If needed, press the top door release button and remove the fluff screen to clean. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth. Remember to replace the fluff screen after emptying. The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when dirt reaches the "max fill" line.
The Shark DuoClean Slim Upright vacuum is designed to hold a crevice tool and dusting brush on board the vacuum for quick access. Store the dusting brush on the rear post of the accessory holder and the crevice tool on the side post of the vacuum.
Additional accessories can be stored in an accessory bag, which can be purchased separately at sharkaccessories.com or through Customer Care at 1-877-581-7375.
0.8 dry quarts to the MAX FILL line