This article contains the FAQs for the LZ600 / QU600 Series Shark® APEX® UpLight™. This supports the following product SKUs LZ600, LZ600C, LZ600W, LZ601, LZ601C, LZ602, LZ602C, LZ602W, QU601QBK, QU601QBL, QU601QPR, QU602QBK, QU602QBL, QU602QBX, QU602QML, QU602QPK, QU602QPL, QU603QBK, QU603QBL, QU603QPK and QU603QRW.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Detach the floor nozzle from the vacuum by pressing the foot release pedal.
- With a coin, open the 3 locks on the bottom cover of the floor nozzle. Remove the cover and check for blockages and debris in the nozzle intake.
- Replace the brushroll cover, by inserting tabs in front and pressing down firmly. Make sure to lock all 3 locks.
- With the floor nozzle facing up, press the Eject Roller button on the side to remove the Soft Roller. Remove any debris that may have been caught behind the roller. Reinsert the roller by snapping it back into the nozzle.
- Reassemble the vacuum, making sure each piece clicks securely into place. To clean the Soft Roller, rinse it with water only, and let it air-dry completely for at least 24 hours. Do not put the Soft Roller in the dishwasher or washing machine.
The dust cup holds 0.7 dry quarts to the max fill line. It has an easy, bottom-empty and top-empty design for quick removal of debris.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter suction or no suction. See "How often should I clean the filters?" for further instructions.
Clean filters regularly for optimal performance. Normal usage is between 4-6 hours a week.
- Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filter: Under normal usage, rinse clean once every month.
- Post-Motor HEPA Filter: Under normal usage, rinse clean once every year.
Rinse filters with water only. Let all filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. Between cleanings, lightly tap dust and debris off filters as needed.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Remove the dust cup and pull the felt filter support out of the motor housing. Pull the felt filter off the support, then remove the foam filter.
- Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine.
- Rinse filters thoroughly in cold water until the water runs clear. Squeeze out excess water and let filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before replacing.
- When filters are completely dry, replace the filters and reinstall the filter support into the motor housing.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Remove the filter door from the front of the vacuum by pressing the HEPA release button under the motor housing.
- Press down on the HEPA filter latch. Remove the HEPA filter cartridge and rinse under cold water, dirty side down, until the water runs clear. Allow the filter to air-dry completely for 24 hours.
- Once the HEPA filter is dry, reinstall it. Replace the door by lining up the top tabs, then pressing until it clicks into place.
With an unsealed HEPA vacuum, dirt and allergens you vacuum up can escape back into the air that you breathe before they even reach the HEPA filter. Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology traps dust and allergens inside the vacuum, keeping them out of the air you breathe.
The model number is displayed on the product's rating label, which can be found on the back of the unit.
You can purchase replacement parts and additional accessories at sharkaccessories.com.
The cord is 30 feet long.
The vacuum weighs approximately 11.3 lbs. The pod weighs 5.7 lbs.
The Shark UpLight DuoClean Zero-M Corded Vacuum comes in Terracotta and Bordeaux.
The Shark UpLight DuoClean Zero-M Corded Vacuum is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
The Shark UpLight DuoClean Zero-M Corded Vacuum is produced with a combination of durable plastics, like ABS and PP, along with some metal and rubber components.
The LED lights in the nozzle and should not burn out.
The powerful LED headlights are designed to illuminate debris in dark spaces to make cleaning even more efficient. Headlights will illuminate whenever the power is on and are designed to last the life of the vacuum.
The Shark UpLight DuoClean Zero-M Corded Vacuum has one cleaning mode that is optimal for both barefloors and carpets.
To turn the vacuum off, press the power button on the handle.
Press the Lift-Away release button on the top of the wand and pull the pod to detach it from the wand. To clean with the extended hose, slide the hose cuff down to separate it from the vacuum body. Add an accessory and begin cleaning. To replace the hose to the vacuum, either slide or snap the hose back onto the body.
- Lift the floor nozzle tube, pushing it firmly until it stands upright. The retractable wheels will extend so the vacuum can stand on its own.
- Insert the wand into the floor nozzle tube.
- Attach the Lift-Away pod to the wand.
- Snap the accessory holder onto the wand, then place accessories in the holder.
There are 3 different above-floor cleaning modes that you can choose from:
- To clean above-floor areas with the wand, stand the vacuum upright, then step on the release pedal on the floor nozzle and pull up the wand.
- For even more reach and flexibility with the wand attached to the pod, slide the hose cuff down to extend the integrated hose. Note: When finished with the hose, snap the hose cuff back into place to reattach the wand to the pod.
- To clean with the Lift-Away pod, first detach it by pressing the Pod Release button on the back of the wand. Attach an accessory for more reach when cleaning above-floor areas like stairs and on furnitures. For added flexibility and reach, slide the cuff down to extend the hose. Note: When finished with the hose, snap the hose cuff back into place.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup each time you vacuum, or when debris reaches the MAX FILL line. For stability, keep the vacuum in the upright standing mode while removing the dust cup. To remove the dust cup from the Lift-Away pod, slide up both Dust Cup Release latches on the back of the handle at the same time and then pull out the dust cup.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom button on the front of the dust cup. The bottom door will open, allowing the debris to fall out.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Close the bottom door, pressing it until it clicks into place.
- To remove collected debris from the mesh screen inside the dust cup, press the top release button and lift the handle to open.
- To reinstall, place bottom of dust cup into pod and then tilt it back until it clicks into place.
The self-cleaning brushroll is designed to remove hair wrap. If you notice any hair on the brushroll, continue vacuuming and it will automatically remove it as you clean. If some hair or debris remains after continued use, remove the brushroll cover from the bottom of the nozzle and use scissors to carefully cut away the hair. Note: The self-cleaning brushroll is non-removable. To access the soft roller:
- Slide up the Eject Roller button on the floor nozzle and the soft roller will pop out.
- Remove any debris buildup from behind the roller housing.
- Wipe any debris from the soft roller.
- If needed, wash the soft roller using water only. Air-dry completely for at least 24 hours.
- Once dry, reinstall by inserting the left end into the roller housing first, then pressing both sides down until it clicks into place. Note: Do not put the soft roller in the dishwasher or washing machine. Do not vacuum wet messes.
The UpLight corded vacuum features retractable wheels that extend to keep the vacuum in a standing position in upright position. For easy maneuverability in storage mode, tilt the handle back and roll the vacuum on the retractable wheels. To take the vacuum out of storage mode, step on the footprint icon on the floor nozzle and tilt the handle back. The retractable wheels will slide back.