This article contains the FAQs for the IF280 Series Shark ION™ F80 Cord-Free MultiFLEX® Cordless Stick Vacuum. This supports the following product SKUs IF280, IF281, IF281C, IF282, IF285, and UF280.
The Shark ION F80 Cord-Free MultiFlex / Shark IONFlex 2X vacuum is equipped with DuoClean Technology. Instead of a single brushroll, it has two brushrolls engineered to work in unison, removing large debris and fine dust particles from your floors and carpets.
MultiFLEX Technology allows the wand to bend, providing 2 main benefits. The bent wand allows for easy cleaning under furniture and allows the vacuum to fold over for freestanding, compact storage.
The model number is displayed on the vacuum"s rating label, which can be found on the handheld portion of the vacuum behind the dust cup.
There are 2 ways to register your vacuum. On the web, go to registeryourshark.com, or scan the QR code displayed on the handheld portion of the vacuum behind the dustcup, using a mobile device.
A wide assortment of accessories are available for use with the Shark ION Cord-Free MultiFLEX/ IONFlex 2X. Some of these accessories may be included with the specific vacuum you purchased. Please reference the list of included accessories in your Quick Start Guide.
All of the accessories listed below are compatible with your Shark ION F80/IONFlex 2X and available for purchase on sharkaccessories.com.
- 8" Crevice Tool: access to tight, narrow spaces
- 12" Crevice Tool: access to tight, narrow spaces
- 18" Flexi Crevice Tool: rubber extension flexes for access to tight, narrow spaces
- Duster Crevice Tool: combination dusting brush and crevice tool, soft bristles great for dusting delicate surfaces, bristle head is removable for longer reach
- Dusting Brush: clean large or small debris and dust, bristle head turns to adjust to your cleaning surface
- Pet Multi-Tool: 2-in-1 combination tool designed to dust a multitude of surfaces, pick up large piles of debris and remove pet hair from curtains and other delicate fabrics
- Multi-Angle Dusting Brush: 5-position soft dusting brush for cleaning shelves, blinds, walls, ceiling fans and lights; adjust the angle to the desired cleaning surface
- Anti-Allergen Dust Brush: fine dusting of knick-knacks and delicate objects, in between narrow spaces
- Wide Pet/Upholstery Tool: extra wide accessory removes pet hair and dust from curtains, mattresses and other delicate fabrics
- Pet/Upholstery Tool: picks up pet hair and large piles of debris from upholstery and other fabrics
- Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool: powered by a motor to remove pet hair and embedded dirt from carpeted stairs, upholstery, tabletops, bookshelves, and car interiors
- Home & Car Detail Kit: assortment of micro tools designed to clean keyboards, car interiors and around delicate objects
- Precision Duster: flexible tube with micro duster crevice tool for cleaning keyboards, car interiors and around delicate objects
- MultiFLEX Under-Appliance Wand: adjustable accessory for cleaning under and behind hard to move appliances and furniture
- Large Accessory Bag: store accessories, 12.5" x 27.5", fits MultiFLEX Under-Appliance Wand
- Small Accessory Bag: store accessories, 12.5" x 18"
- Flexible Hose: extension hose for more flexibility to clean hard to reach areas in and around objects and furniture
There are two ways to clean with the accessories. Either separate the handheld portion from the rest of the vacuum by pressing the "Wand Release" button or keep the wand connected to the handheld and remove the floor nozzle by stepping on the foot pedal release. Choose the desired cleaning accessory and slide it onto the end of the handheld vacuum or the end of the wand.
Note that the accessories do not need to be pushed all the way onto the vacuum to be secure. Only the Deep-cleaning Motorized Pet Tool clicks into place. Also note that the wand can bend for more flexible reach by using the MultiFLEX feature.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories on sharkaccessories.com.
The Shark ION F80 Cord-Free MultiFLEX/ IONFlex 2X is available through sharkclean.com, or at any one of our retail partners across the U.S.
8.7 lbs. (no accessories)
13.4" L X 10.2" W X 45.9" H
The dust cup holds 0.3 dry quarts up to the MAX fill line.
The Shark ION F80 Cord-Free/ IONFlex 2X is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
Parts include the handheld vacuum, motorized floor nozzle, and wand. The vacuum will also include battery/batteries and charger (based on model). -It also comes with a variety of cleaning accessories. Depending on the version you purchased, these accessories will vary slightly. To find out specifically what is in your version, consult the Quick Start Guide that came with your unit.
It is available in Graphite Grey with Sandstone accents. The IONFlex 2X comes in Charcoal Grey with Blue Stream accents.
The Shark ION Cord-Free MultiFLEX/ IONFlex 2X is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
To turn the vacuum off, press the power button.
The Shark ION F80 Cord-Free/ IONFlex 2X vacuum has two floor settings for cleaning: A Bare floor, Area Rug Setting and a High Pile Carpet Setting. Note that the headlights will illuminate any time the power is on and the brushrolls are spinning. It also has two power settings ION Power and ION Boost. Use ION Power for your everyday cleaning and switch to ION Boost if you need a 1-minute boost of increased suction power for small messes and heavy traffic areas.
Locate the button on the backside of the wand. For easier under furniture cleaning, use the "Press to Unlock" button to bend the wand. Turn the power on and start vacuuming. For storage, turn the vacuum off and then use the "Press to Unlock" button to gently fold the handheld vacuum forward toward the floor nozzle. Use the handle to carry the vacuum to its storage location.
This handle can be used to assist in taking the vacuum in and out of MultiFLEX storage mode. To go into storage mode, hold the handle with one hand while folding the handheld vacuum forward with the other toward the nozzle. The handle can also be used to carry the vacuum while in MultiFLEX storage mode.
Press the "Wand Release" button at the top of the wand and pull the handheld vacuum off, separating it from the rest of the vacuum. Attach desired accessory and begin cleaning.
Step on the "Wand Release" foot pedal on the floor nozzle and pull the wand off. Attach desired accessory to the end of the wand and begin cleaning.
MultiFLEX technology allows you to store this vacuum in a compact, upright position. Hold down the "Press to Unlock" button and gently fold the handheld vacuum forward toward the floor nozzle. Use the handle to carry the vacuum to its storage location. Another option is to simply lay the vacuum flat on the floor. There are rubber pads on the base of the handheld vacuum that prevent scratching. Wall mounts are also available for purchase
First, turn the power off and remove the battery. Then, separate the handheld from the rest of the vacuum by pressing the "Wand Release" button. Next, hold the dust cup over the trash and press the "Empty" button. Tap gently to empty contents and pull any debris off of the metal screen. If desired, wipe clean with a dry soft cloth. Close the lid. You will hear it click into place. For optimal performance, the dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full or debris reaches the "MAX FILL" line.
For optimal performance, the dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full or debris reaches the "MAX FILL" line.
For optimal performance, clean filters on a regular basis. Between washings, your filter can be tapped clean to remove any excess dust and other particles.
- Pre-Motor Foam and Felt Filters: Under normal usage, rinse and let air dry completely (for at least 24 hours) once a month.
- Post-Motor Filter: Under normal usage, rinse and air dry once every 9 months or as needed.
- The pre-motor filters are located on the top of the handvac. Turn off the power and remove the battery. Place the rest of the vacuum on the floor. Pull out the filter assembly. Gently separate the cylindrical foam filter from the felt. Rinse both filters with water until the water runs clear. DO NOT use soap. Let air dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling. Slide the foam filter back onto the felt filter and reinstall.
- The post-motor filter is located under the handle of the vacuum. Press the button to remove the cover and pull out this filter. Rinse with water until the water runs clear. DO NOT use soap. Let air dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling. Reinstall the filter under the handle and press the cover closed until it clicks into place.
Check to see if the filters need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. You can tap loose dirt off filters between washes and wash them according to the regular cleaning schedule to maintain optimal performance. Refer to Instruction Booklet for more information.
To open the brushroll garage, slide both "Access Brush Roll" buttons toward the back of the nozzle. The garage door will pop open. Close garage completely before using the vacuum by pressing down on both sides until it clicks into place. This will allow easier access to the bristle brushroll and the ability to remove the soft brushroll.
First, turn off the power and remove battery. Then, remove the brushroll garage located on the top of the nozzle by sliding both "Access Brush Roll" buttons toward the back of the nozzle. Pull out the soft roller using the "Pull" tab located on the right side of the roller. Remove any debris from the soft roller housing. Wipe the soft roller with a dry paper towel. If desired, wash the roller with water only and let air dry completely before reinstalling (24 hours). Reinsert the soft roller by sliding it into the front of the nozzle, starting on the left side, until it clicks into place. Close the brushroll garage by inserting the tabs on the lid into the slots, then pressing down on both sides of the lid until it clicks into place.
- Turn off the power and remove battery.
- Check for blockages along the airflow path.
- Check accessories and clear blockages if necessary.
- Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
- Remove the wand and inspect all handheld vacuum openings to make sure there are no obstructions.
- Remove the floor nozzle from the wand and check for blockages.
- Inspect the inside of the wand and clear any blockages.
- Open the brushroll garage and check that there are no blockages in the air path and no excess hair or fibers around the brushrolls.
- Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the vacuum is tilted back out of upright lock.
- Make sure the power switch is on.
- If red light is illuminated on the floor nozzle, check for blockages (refer to Instruction Booklet).
- Turn off the power and remove battery. Then, remove any excess hair that has wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
- Remove any debris from the soft roller and roller housing.
- Check that the handheld vacuum and wand connectors are fully engaged and free of debris at connection points.
- Replace battery and turn power on. If the brushrolls are still not turning on, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375.
First, make sure the vacuum is turned off. Then, turn the vacuum back on and tilt the vacuum back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. Note that when you lock the vacuum in the upright position, the brushrolls will stop spinning after a few seconds. If the brushrolls are still not spinning, check for blockages in the brushrolls. Then repeat the steps above. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375.
It is possible that the vacuum has overheated. It is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. To reset it, turn the power off and remove the battery. Check for clogs or dirty filters. Clear any clogs and wash filters as is necessary (refer to Instruction Booklet). Wait a minimum of 45 minutes for the vacuum to cool. Then reinsert battery and turn the power on.
The LED lights in the nozzle should not burn out if the vacuum is functioning as it should.