This article contains the FAQs for the ZU570 Series Shark® Rotator® Lift-Away® Pet. This supports the following product SKUs ZU570, ZU571, ZU572, and ZU572BRN.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- To open the cover, detach the cleaner head by pressing the Lift-Away button and removing the pod.
- Locate the 3 locks on the bottom of the cleaner head. With a coin, turn the locks clockwise to open, then lift up the cover. Note that the cover is not removable.
- If some fibers remain wrapped around the brushrolls after continued use, carefully cut debris with scissors. Check for any fibers or debris in the cleaner head and remove if needed.
- Close the cover completely, pressing firmly on all sides, and use the coin to turn the 3 locks counterclockwise.
The dust cup holds 1.9 dry quarts to the max fill line. It has an easy, bottom-empty design for quick removal of debris.
Press the dust cup release button on the back of the handle and lift the dust cup out and away from the vacuum body. Note: The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when it appears full. To reinsert the dust cup, install the bottom into the pod first, then tilt dust cup toward the wand until it clicks into place.
Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the button on the front of the dust cup to open the bottom door. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when debris reaches the max fill line.
The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal. Zero-M removes long hair, short hair, and pet hair from the brushroll. Zero-M technology removes all types of hair from the brushroll: long, short, and pet hair. The unique bristle guard and comb work together to separate hair from the brushroll and send the hair directly to the dust cup.
If you see any hair wrapped around the brushroll, continue cleaning, using Carpet/Low Pile mode on bare floors. This will allow Zero-M technology to remove the hair wrap and send it to the dust cup. If some fibers remain wrapped around the brushroll after continued use, carefully cut them with scissors and remove them from the brushroll. Remove any debris from the cleaner head.
If you see any hair wrapped around the brushroll, continue cleaning to help Zero-M remove it for you. We recommend using Carpet/Low Pile Mode on bare-floor surfaces to allow hair to make its way to the dust cup.
Lift-Away mode allows you to detach the pod so you can clean every tough-to-reach area of your home. With Lift-Away, you can deep-clean your entire house without ever moving a single piece of furniture.
The model number is displayed on the product's rating label, which can be found on the back of the unit.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum offers a full assortment of accessories to help with your cleaning needs. Some accessories may be included with the vacuum you purchased. Please reference your Quick Start Guide or the inside panel of the box. All accessories listed below are compatible with your Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum and are available for purchase on sharkaccessories.com. -Pet Power Brush: Designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery. -Hair Removal Tool: A single convertible tool for cleaning tough pet messes two ways. First, use the rubber bristle brush for cleaning stubborn hair from carpeted areas. Then, remove the bristles to reveal an upholstery tool perfect for cleaning couches and bedding. -Pet Multi-Tool: A single convertible tool for cleaning tough pet messes two ways: first, a stiff bristle brush for cleaning stuck-on debris. Then take off the bristles to reveal an upholstery tool for removing stubborn pet hair. -Duster Crevice Tool: Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended cleaning reach for small spaces, while the dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum is available on sharkclean.com, or at our retail partners across the U.S.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories at sharkaccessories.com.
The cord is 25 feet long.
The vacuum weighs approximately 14 lbs. with the cord.
The vacuum is 12 inches long, 9.6 inches wide, and 45.6 inches tall.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum is produced with a combination of durable plastics, like ABS and PP, along with some metal and rubber components.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum has 2 settings for cleaning. For bare floors and delicate area rugs: Press the power button on the vacuum pod to turn on suction and select setting I, Hard Floor. Tilt the handle back while you gently step on the cleaner head. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. For carpets and area rugs: Press the power button on the vacuum to turn on the suction and select setting II, Carpet. While the power is on, gently step on the cleaner head and tilt the handle back to activate the brushrolls. The brushrolls will spin faster in Carpet mode.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Zero-M Upright Vacuum is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
To turn the vacuum off, press the red power button on the vacuum pod to the O setting.
Press the Handle Release button on the back of the handle and gently lift the handle off the wand. Add an accessory and begin cleaning.
- Unwind the cord from the cord hook, then press the Wand Release button located near the bottom of the pod behind the wand.
- Gently pull up on the handle to remove the wand.
- Add the desired accessory to the end of the wand and begin cleaning.
- To replace the wand, simply guide the wand behind the pod and press down until it clicks into place.
Lift-Away mode allows you to easily clean above-floor areas. To convert from upright to Lift-Away mode, follow the steps below.
- Quickly release the cord by turning the top cord hook.
- Press the Lift-Away release button on the bottom of the vacuum pod underneath the accessory holder. This will unlock the handle with wand and detach the pod from the cleaner head.
- Pull the pod up by the handle while gently stepping on the cleaner head. You are now ready to clean stairs, your car, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- To keep the cord out of your way, wrap it around the cord hook just below the handle.
Clean filters regularly for optimal performance. Normal usage is between 4 - 6 hours a week.
- Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filters: Under normal usage, rinse clean every 3 months.
- Post-Motor HEPA Filter: Under normal usage, rinse clean every year or as needed. Rinse filters with water ONLY. Let all filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. Between cleanings, tap filters as needed to remove excess dust and debris.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Remove the dust cup and pull the foam filter out from the motor housing.
- Remove the felt filter using the small ribbon pull-tab. DO NOT place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine.
- Rinse filters thoroughly in cold water until the water runs clear. Squeeze out excess water and let filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before replacing.
- When filters are completely dry, reinstall the felt filter first, then add the foam filter.
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Remove the filter cover from the front of the vacuum by pulling the latch from under the motor housing.
- Remove the HEPA filter cartridge.
- Rinse under cold water, dirty side down, until the water runs clear. Allow the filter to air-dry completely for 24 hours.
- Once the HEPA filter is dry, reinstall it, then replace the cover by lining up the tabs on one side and swinging the door securely closed until it clicks into place.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter suction or no suction. To maintain optimal performance, tap filters clean periodically and wash them according to the regular cleaning schedule to maintain optimal performance.