This article contains the FAQs for the ZS360 Series Shark® APEX® Stick Vacuum. This supports the following product SKUs ZS360, QS360QBL, QS360QGN, QS360QPL, QS360QRD, QS360QS, UV480, ZS360C, ZS361, ZS361C, ZS362, ZS362C, ZS364QP, ZS364QR, and ZS364QS.
The Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Ultra-Light Corded Stick Vacuum is equipped with Shark's best cleaning technologies in DuoClean and Zero-M. DuoClean dual brushrolls pick up large, small, and stuck-on particles on carpets and floors. The Zero-M self-cleaning brushroll delivers nonstop hair removal. The slim design and ability to convert to a handheld vacuum let you clean hard-to-reach areas both below furniture and high above the floor, and a power cord means never having to worry about batteries.
DuoClean technology is a dual-brushroll system designed to clean both carpets and hard floors. The bristle brush deep-cleans carpets, while the soft brushroll pulls in larger particles and directly engages floors for a polished look.
Zero-M technology is an innovation to the main brushroll in the floor nozzle that means the brushroll now cleans itself while you vacuum. It is meant for all types of hair: long, short, and pet hair. The unique bristle guard and comb separate hair from the brushroll and send the hair directly to the dust cup.
Parts include the handheld vacuum, floor nozzle, and wand. It also comes with a variety of cleaning accessories. Depending on the model you purchase, these accessories will vary. To find out specifically what is in your version, consult the Quick Start Guide that came with your unit. To purchase additional accessories for your vacuum, visit sharkaccessories.com.
Insert the wand into the floor nozzle until it clicks into place. Next, insert the handheld vacuum into the top of the wand until it clicks into place.
The Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Ultra-Light Corded Stick Vacuum has two powerful settings: one for bare floors and small area rugs, and one for carpet. Bare Floor/Small Area Rugs: Slide the power switch on the handheld vacuum to the middle position, setting I. Then tilt the handheld vacuum back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. Carpet: Slide the power switch on the handheld vacuum to position II. Then tilt the handheld vacuum back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin faster in this mode. Note that the headlights will illuminate any time the power is on and the brushrolls are spinning.
To turn the vacuum off, slide the power switch to the 0 setting and unplug the power cord.
Press the Wand Release button at the top of the wand and detach the handheld vacuum. Attach any of the accessories to the handheld vacuum to clean areas like stairs, furniture, etc.
Unwind the power cord from the cord hooks. Step on the Wand Release foot pedal on the floor nozzle to detach the wand. Attach desired accessory to the end of the wand to clean hard-to-reach areas like baseboards, ceilings, etc.
Slide a cleaning accessory onto the end of the handheld vacuum or the end of the wand. Use either power setting, as the suction power is the same in either mode. Note that a few accessories (Mini Motorized Brush, Flexible Hose, etc.) must be clicked completely into place in order to work properly.
To remove the dust cup:
- Unplug the vacuum.
- Squeeze the release latches on the sides of the dust cup base and pull out the dust cup.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front to empty.
- Reinstall the dust cup by inserting it straight back into the handheld vacuum.
To empty the dust cup without removing it from the handheld vacuum:
- Press the Wand Release button to detach the handheld vacuum.
- Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front.
- Tap gently to empty contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- Press the door shut again until it clicks closed. The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full, or for optimal performance, when debris reaches the max fill line.
Detach the handheld vacuum from the top of the wand. Hang the catch on the bottom of the dust cup from the hook on the bottom of the wand. Wrap the power cord around the two cord hooks. Another option is to simply place the vacuum flat on the floor. There are rubber pads on the base of the handheld vacuum that prevent scratching or slipping. If you would like to hang the vacuum from the wall, a mount is available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com. An instruction sheet with mounting template and hardware are included.
Whether you are looking for accessories to help you dust, clean pet hair, access hard-to-reach areas, clean hard-floor surfaces, or for specialized cleaning, you will find everything you need at sharkaccessories.com. We have a selection of dusting brushes in a variety of sizes and shapes. Our multi-angle dusting brush pivots to clean at any angle. Our powerful mini motorized brush grabs pet hair, dust, and other debris from deep inside upholstery, pillows, and carpeted stairs. We offer crevice tools in a variety of lengths, plus our Dust-Away Hard Floor attachment and an Under-Appliance Wand that cleans under and behind hard-to-move appliances and furniture. Lastly, we have some specialized tools like our popular home and car detailing kit, which lets you clean computer keyboards, air vents, or any tiny spaces.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories at sharkaccessories.com.
Check to see if the filters need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter suction. For optimal performance, the pre-motor foam and felt filters should be cleaned once per month, and the post-motor filter should be cleaned every nine months. Tap loose dirt off filters between washes. Refer to your Owner's Guide for more information.
For optimal performance, the pre-motor foam and felt filters should be cleaned once per month, and the post-motor filter should be cleaned every nine months. Tap loose dirt off filters between washes. To clean the pre-motor filters, lift off the lid from the top of the handheld vacuum and remove the foam and felt filters underneath. Rinse both filters with water only, then allow them to air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. To clean the post-motor filter, lift off the filter cover below the handle of the handheld vacuum and remove the filter. Rinse the filter with water only, then allow it to air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. It is important to note that the foam and felt filters may appear dirty after first use and may discolor over time. This is normal. Extra filters are available for purchase at sharkaccessories.com if you want a spare set to keep on hand.
The model number is displayed on the product's rating label and QR label, which can be found on the handheld vacuum, behind the removable dust cup.
Use a mobile device to scan the QR code located on the label behind the dust cup or inside the Owner's Guide. You can also visit registeryourshark.com.
Depending on the mobile device you have, please reference its instructions on how to use its QR code scanner.
The vacuum is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
5-year limited warranty (visit sharkclean.com/warranty for details)
Under 10 lbs., including the power cord.
48.5" high x 10.2" wide x 15.5" deep.
The dust cup holds 0.74 dry quarts up to the MAX fill line.
The Shark Apex DuoClean with Zero-M Ultra-Light Corded Stick Vacuum is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
This vacuum comes in green or blue.
The LED lights should not burn out. If they do, contact Customer Service at 877-581-7375 for further assistance. Note that not all models include LEDs.
Turn off and unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance. To access the brushrolls, remove the brushroll garage lid by sliding both release buttons on top of the floor nozzle away from the brushrolls. When closing the brushroll garage, insert the 3 tabs on top of the lid into the 3 slots in the nozzle. Then push down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks securely into place. If the LED headlights are flashing when turning the vacuum back on, make sure the brushroll garage lid is locked in place by pressing down firmly on both sides.
Turn off and unplug the vacuum before performing any maintenance.
- To access the Soft Roller, remove the brushroll garage lid by sliding both release buttons on top of the floor nozzle away from the brushrolls.
- Pull the Soft Roller out by the PULL tab. Wipe it with a dry paper towel.
- Run your finger along the housing to clear away any debris.
- Reinsert the Soft Roller and close the brushroll garage by inserting the 3 tabs on top of the lid into the 3 slots in the nozzle. Then push down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks securely into place. If the LED headlights are flashing when turning the vacuum back on, make sure the brushroll garage lid is locked in place by pressing down firmly on both sides.
If you see any hair wrapped around the brushroll, extending cleaning time will assist Zero-M technology in removing it for you. Use Carpet mode on a bare floor surface, a low pile carpet, or a small area rug. Run the vacuum back and forth to allow hair to make its way to the dust cup. If some fibers remain wrapped around the brushroll after continued use, remove the brushroll garage lid by sliding both release buttons on top of the floor nozzle away from the brushrolls. Carefully remove any debris from the brushroll. Close the brushroll garage by inserting the 3 tabs on top of the lid into the 3 slots in the nozzle. Then push down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks securely into place.
If you detect a loss of suction in your vacuum, you should first check to make sure the filters are clean.
- Open the dust cup and locate the cone-shaped screen or mesh filter inside. Remove all dirt, debris, and hair from the screen.
- Next, remove the filters. (See "How do I clean the filters?" for more information.) Tap all loose dust and dirt off the filters.
- Reinstall the filters and close the dust cup. Test the vacuum's suction against your hand.
If the filters are clean but suction continues to fail, this may indicate that you have a clog between the wand and the floor nozzle.
- Remove and inspect the wand to make sure there are no obstructions.
- Check the floor nozzle to make sure there are no blockages in the airpath or debris on the brushroll.
- Check all dust cup intake openings to make sure they're clear. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375.
If the brushroll indicator light on the floor nozzle turns red, the brushrolls have stopped spinning. Immediately turn off and unplug the vacuum. Disconnect the nozzle and remove any blockages before reconnecting and turning vacuum back on. If the brushroll indicator light is green, the blockage has been successfully cleared. If the light is still red, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375 for further assistance.
- Turn off and unplug the vacuum.
- Disconnect the wand from the handheld vacuum and the floor nozzle.
- Check all openings for blockages. Using a flashlight may help.
- Empty the dust cup and check to see if the filters need cleaning. Follow instructions for rinsing and air-drying the filters before reinstalling them.
- Remove any debris from the brushrolls.
- Reassemble the vacuum, plug it in, and turn it on. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support at 1-877-581-7375.
When the brushroll indicator light is green, that means the brushrolls are spinning normally. When the light is solid red, that means the brushrolls are not spinning and there may be something obstructing the floor nozzle. When the light is flashing red, that means the vacuum has overheated and shut itself off.
This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a motor-protective thermostat. If for some reason your vacuum overheats, the thermostat will automatically turn the unit off. Should this occur, perform the following steps to restart the motor thermostat:
- Turn the unit off.
- Unplug the vacuum.
- Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
- Check for blockages in wand, accessories, and inlet openings.
- Allow the unit to cool for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Plug in the vacuum.
- Restart the unit by turning the power on. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375.
When the LED headlights in the floor nozzle are flashing, that means the brushroll garage lid is not fully closed. Press down firmly on both sides until the lid clicks into place. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-581-7375.