This article contains the FAQs for the Shark® UltraLight Corded Stick Vacuum. This supports the following product SKUs HZ250 and HZ251.
- Insert the wand into the floor nozzle until it clicks into place.
- Insert the handheld vacuum into the top of the wand until it clicks into place.
To clean bare floors, area rugs, or with accessories:
- Slide the floor selector switch to setting l, Bare Floor, Area Rugs.
- Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode.
To clean carpets:
- Slide the floor selector to setting ll, Carpets.
- Tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. The brushrolls will spin quickly in this mode.
Detach the handheld vacuum by pressing the Wand Release button at the top of the wand. Use the tapered tip on the handheld vacuum to clean tight spaces, or add an accessory to the end. For more cleaning reach, leave the handheld vacuum in place and detach the wand from the floor nozzle. First remove the power cord from the cord clip. Step on the Wand Release foot pedal by the floor nozzle and pull up the handheld vacuum to remove the wand. Attach an accessory to the wand.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup each time you vacuum, or when debris reaches the MAX FILL line. To access the dust cup, detach the handheld vacuum from the wand. Press the two release latches on the bottom of the dust cup at the same time, then slide off the dust cup.
- Quickly store the handheld vacuum by hanging it from the storage hook on the wand. Align the catch on the side of the handheld vacuum over the hook.
- Hold the dust cup over a trash receptacle. Press the Empty button (with the trash can icon) on the front of the dust cup and pull open the lid until it clicks and locks open.
- Tap gently to empty contents and remove any debris from the cone-shaped screen inside the dust cup.
- Close the dust cup lid, until it clicks into place.
- To reinstall the dust cup, slide in the front end first, then the back. Make sure both sides click completely into place.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum stops picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. For optimal performance, clean filters regularly. Between cleanings, lightly tap filters over a trash receptacle to remove dust and debris as needed. Rinse the pre-motor foam and felt filters twice a month, or as needed.
- Remove the dust cup from the handheld vacuum by pressing the two latches on the bottom.
- Remove the filter housing from the dust cup.
- Pull out the pre-motor foam and felt filter from the housing.
- Rinse both filters with cold water only.
- Allow filters to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling.
- Once dry, install the felt filter first with the tab facing out, followed by the foam filter.
- Insert the filter housing into the dust cup until it clicks into place.
- Reattach the dust cup into the handheld vacuum, until it clicks into place.
Rinse the post-motor filter once every 9 months or as needed.
- Press the filter access latch on the top of the handheld vacuum (under the Shark badge) and lift off the filter cover.
- Pull out the post-motor filter.
- Rinse with cold water only.
- Allow filter to air-dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling. Note: Do not place filters in the dishwasher or washing machine.
If you see any hair wrapped around the self-cleaning brushroll, continue cleaning, using setting II, Carpets on a bare-floor surface, and the brushroll should automatically remove the hair wrap. If some hair wrap remains after continued use, open the brushroll cover from the bottom of the floor nozzle and carefully remove the hair.
To store the vacuum upright, detach the handheld vacuum and hang it from the storage hook on the front of the wand. Then wrap the power cord around the cord hooks.
- What is the dust cup capacity? 0.32 Quarts
- What is the cord length on this unit? 25 Feet
- What is the weight of the product? 8.31 pounds
- What are the dimensions of the unit? 10.24in L x 10.24in W x 45.27in H
- What is the product voltage? 120 Volts