This article contains the FAQs for the HV390 Series SharkFLEX® DuoClean® Vacuum. This supports the following product SKUs HV390, HV391, HV392, HV394Q, HV394QBL, HV394QCO, HV394QGR, HV394QRG, and HV394QS.
The SharkFlex Corded Ultra-Light vacuum is equipped with DuoClean Technology. Instead of a single brushroll, it has two brushrolls engineered to work in unison, removing large debris and fine dust particles from all of your floors and carpets.
MultiFLEX technology allows the wand to bend, giving it 2 main benefits. The bent wand creates an angle for easy cleaning under furniture and allows the vacuum to fold over for compact, upright storage.
The model number is displayed on the vacuum's rating label, which can be found on the handheld portion of the vacuum behind the dust cup.
There are 3 ways to register your vacuum. On the web go to registeryourshark.com, call 1-800-798-7398, or scan the QR code using a mobile device.
The QR code is an easy way to register your vacuum.
The QR code is displayed on the handheld portion of the vacuum behind the dust cup and on the inside cover of the instruction booklet.
Depending on the mobile device you have, please reference their instructions on how to use their QR code scanner.
A wide assortment of accessories are available for use with the SharkFlex Corded Ultra-Light. Some of these accessories may be included with the specific vacuum you purchased. Please reference the list in your Quick Start Guide. All of the accessories listed below are compatible with your SharkFlex and available for purchase on SharkAccessories.com
- 5" Crevice Tool, 12" Crevice Tool, 18" Flexi Crevice Tool, Duster Crevice Tool
- Dusting Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, Multi-Angle Dusting Brush, Anti-Allergen Dust Brush
- Wide Pet/Upholstery Tool, Pet/Upholstery Tool, Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool
- Home & Car Detail Kit, Precision Duster
- MultiFLEX Under Appliance Wand
- Large Accessory Bag (fits MultiFLEX Under Appliance Wand), Small Accessory Bag
- Flexible Hose
There are two ways to clean with the accessories. Either separate the handheld portion from the rest of the vacuum by pressing the "Wand Release" button or keep the wand connected to the handheld and remove the floor nozzle by stepping on the foot pedal release. Choose the desired cleaning accessory and slide it onto the end of the handheld vacuum or the end of the wand. Use either power setting as the suction power is the same in either mode. Note that the accessories do not need to be pushed all the way onto the vacuum to be secure. Only the Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool clicks into place. Also note that the wand can bend for more flexible reach by using the MultiFLEX feature.
- 5" Crevice Tool: access to tight, narrow spaces
- 12" Crevice Tool: access to tight, narrow spaces
- 18" Flexi Crevice Tool: rubber extension flexes for access to tight, narrow spaces
- Duster Crevice Tool: combination dusting brush and crevice tool, soft bristles great for dusting delicate surfaces, bristle head is removable for longer reach
- Dusting Brush: clean large or small debris and dust, bristle head turns to adjust to your cleaning surface
- Pet Multi-Tool: 2-in-1 combination tool designed to dust a multitude of surfaces, pick up large piles of debris and remove pet hair from curtains and other delicate fabrics
- Multi-Angle Dusting Brush: 5-position soft dusting brush for cleaning shelves, blinds, walls, ceiling fans and lights; adjust the angle to the desired cleaning surface
- Anti-Allergen Dust Brush: fine dusting of knick-knacks and delicate objects, in between narrow spaces -Wide Pet/Upholstery Tool: extra wide accessory removes pet hair and dust from curtains, mattresses and other delicate fabrics
- Pet/Upholstery Tool: picks up pet hair and large piles of debris from upholstery and other fabrics
- Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool: powered by a motor to remove pet hair and embedded dirt from carpeted stairs, upholstery, tabletops, bookshelves, and car interiors
- Home & Car Detail Kit: assortment of micro tools designed to clean keyboards, car interiors and around delicate objects
- Precision Duster: flexible tube with micro duster crevice tool for cleaning keyboards, car interiors and around delicate objects
- MultiFLEX Under Appliance Wand: adjustable accessory for cleaning under and behind hard to move appliances and furniture
- Large Accessory Bag: store accessories, 12.5" x 27.5", fits MultiFLEX Under Appliance Wand
- Small Accessory Bag: store accessories, 12.5" x 18"
- Flexible Hose: extension hose for more flexibility to clean hard to reach areas in and around objects and furniture
- Deep-Cleaning MPT Tool Clip: removable accessories clip attaches to the wand, can store up to 2 accessories including the Deep-Cleaning Motorized Pet Tool (on the top post)
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories through SharkNinja Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398 or on SharkAccessories.com.
The SharkFlex Corded is available through Sharkclean.com, Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398, or at any one of our retail partners across the U.S.
30 feet long
9.8 lbs. (includes the power cord, no accessories)
49" (H) x 10.125" (W) x 9.375" (D)
The dust cup holds 0.4 dry quarts up to the MAX fill line.
The SharkFlex Corded is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
Parts include the handheld vacuum, motorized floor nozzle, and wand. It also comes with a variety of cleaning accessories. Depending on the version you purchased, these accessories will vary slightly. To find out specifically what is in your version, consult the Quick Start Guide that came with your unit.
It is available in Charcoal Grey with Gold or Copper accents.
The SharkFlex Corded Ultra-Light is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
The SharkFlex corded vacuum has two powerful settings for cleaning - a Bare floor, Area Rug Setting and a High Pile Carpet Setting. Note that the headlights will illuminate any time the power is on and the brushrolls are spinning.
Bare floors and Area Rugs: Push the power switch up on the handheld to the "Bare Floor, Area Rugs" setting. Then tilt the handheld back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode.
Carpets: Push the power switch up on the handheld to the "High Pile Carpets" setting. Then tilt the handheld back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle. Note that the brushrolls will spin fast in this mode.
Locate the button on the backside of the wand. For easier under furniture cleaning, use the "Press to Unlock" button to bend the wand. Turn the power on and start vacuuming. For storage, turn the vacuum off and unplug the power cord. Looking at the vacuum from the side with the cord hooks, wrap the power cord counterclockwise around the hooks, starting under the bottom hook. Then use the "Press to Unlock" button to gently fold the handheld vacuum forward toward the floor nozzle. Use the handle to carry the vacuum to its storage location.
This handle can be used to assist in taking the vacuum in and out of MultiFLEX storage mode. To go into storage mode, hold the handle with one hand while folding the handheld vacuum forward with the other toward the nozzle. The handle can also be used to carry the vacuum while in MultiFLEX storage mode.
Looking at the vacuum from the side with the cord hooks, wrap the power cord counterclockwise around the hooks, starting under the bottom hook. Then hold down the "Press to Unlock" button and gently fold the handheld vacuum forward toward the floor nozzle. Use the handle to carry the vacuum to its storage location.
Press the wand release button at the top of the wand and pull the handheld vacuum off, separating it from the rest of the vacuum. Attach desired accessory and begin cleaning.
Remove the power cord from the cord hooks. Step on the "Wand Release" foot pedal on the floor nozzle and pull the wand off. Attach desired accessory to the end of the wand and begin cleaning.
There are two ways to empty the dust cup. Turn the power off and unplug the vacuum first. One way is to remove just the dust cup from the vacuum. Squeeze the two "Detach Dust Cup" buttons on both sides of the dust cup and pull it straight out. Place the rest of the vacuum on the floor. Hold the dust cup over the trash and use the "Press to Empty" button. Tap gently to empty contents and pull any debris off of the metal screen. Close the lid. Reattach the dust cup by inserting it straight up into the handheld vacuum until you hear it click into place. Another way is to separate the handheld from the rest of the vacuum by pressing the "Wand Release" button. Next, hold the dust cup over the trash and press the "Press to Empty" button. Tap gently to empty contents and pull any debris off of the metal screen. If desired, wipe clean with a dry soft cloth. Close the lid. You will hear it click into place. For optimal performance, the dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full or debris reaches the "MAX FILL" line.
For optimal performance, the dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and when the dust cup appears full or debris reaches the "MAX FILL" line.
For optimal performance, clean filters on a regular basis. Between washings, your filter can be tapped clean to remove any excess dust and other particles into the trash.
- Pre-Motor Foam and Felt Filters: Under normal usage, rinse and let air dry completely (for at least 24 hours) once a month.
- Post-Motor Filter: Under normal usage, rinse and air dry once every 9 months or as needed.
The pre-motor filters are located behind the dust cup. First, turn the power off and unplug the vacuum. Remove the dust cup by squeezing the two "Detach Dust Cup" buttons on both sides of the dust cup and pulling it straight out. Place the rest of the vacuum on the floor. Pull out the filter assembly. Gently separate the cylindrical foam filter from the felt. Rinse both filters with water until the water runs clear. DO NOT use soap. Let air dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling. Slide the foam filter back onto the felt filter and reinstall behind the dust cup. Reattach the dust cup into the handheld vacuum until you hear it click into place. The post-motor filter is located under the handle of the vacuum. Press the button to remove the cover and pull out this filter. Rinse with water until the water runs clear. DO NOT use soap. Let air dry completely (at least 24 hours) before reinstalling. Reinstall the filter under the handle and press the cover closed until it clicks into place.
Check to see if the filters need to be cleaned if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. You can tap loose dirt off filters between washes and wash them according to the regular cleaning schedule to maintain optimal performance. Refer to Instruction Booklet for more information.
To open the brushroll garage, slide both "Access Brush Roll" buttons toward the back of the nozzle. The garage door will pop open. Close garage completely before using the vacuum by pressing down on both sides until it clicks into place.
First, turn the power off and unplug the vacuum. Remove the brushroll garage located on the top of the nozzle by sliding both "Access Brush Roll" buttons toward the back of the nozzle. Pull out the soft roller using the "Pull" tab located on the right side of the roller.
First, turn the power off and unplug the vacuum. Remove the brushroll garage located on the top of the nozzle by sliding both "Access Brush Roll" buttons toward the back of the nozzle. Pull out the soft roller using the "Pull" tab located on the right side of the roller. Remove any debris from the soft roller housing. Wipe the soft roller with a dry paper towel. If desired, wash the roller with water only and let air dry completely before reinstalling (24 hours). Reinsert the soft roller by sliding it into the front of the nozzle, starting on the left side, until it clicks into place. Close the brushroll garage by inserting the tabs on the lid into the slots, then pressing down on both sides of the lid until it clicks into place.
- Remove the wand and inspect all handheld vacuum openings to make sure there are no obstructions.
- Remove the floor nozzle from the wand and check for blockages.
- Inspect the inside of the wand, specifically the flap near the hose, and clear any blockages.
- Open the brushroll garage and check that there are no blockages in the air path and no excess hair or fibers around the brushrolls.
This means that the brushroll garage is not completely closed. Turn the vacuum off. Press down on both sides of the garage where you see "Press to Close" until it clicks into place. Turn the vacuum back on and tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle.
Certain dry temperatures in winter or dry desert areas may cause common static electricity to build up in the vacuum and produce small shocks, similar to what you might experience from door knobs, wool sweaters or blankets. This is harmless. In order to avoid this, we recommend moisturizing your hands and/or removing wool socks or sweaters prior to vacuuming.
The LED lights in the nozzle should not burn out if the vacuum is functioning as it should.
0.42 dry quarts to the MAX FILL line