This article contains the FAQs for the CU500 Series Shark® Navigator® Lift-Away®.
- What is the dust cup capacity? 1 Quart
- What is the cord length on this unit? 35 Feet
- What is the weight of the product? 15.5 pounds
- What are the dimensions of the unit? 15.75in L x 12.2in W x 45.67in H
- What is the product voltage? 120 Volts
- Make sure the unit is unplugged.
- Detach the pod from the floor nozzle by pressing Lift-Away button on the side of the pod. Lift off the pod and set it aside.
- Place the nozzle on the floor with the brushroll facing up.
- Remove hair and other debris from the brushroll, bristles, and airway.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup each time you vacuum, or when debris reaches the MAX FILL line.
- To detach the dust cup, slide up tabs on both sides of dust cup handle. Lift the dust cup off the pod.-Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button.
- Tap gently to empty contents.
- Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside down over the trash and press the top door release button.
- Tap the dust cup gently to knock off dust and debris, and wipe the interior with a soft cloth.
Filters may need to be cleaned if the vacuum stops picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. Between cleanings, hold filters over the trash and tap lightly to remove dust and debris as needed. Pre-motor foam and felt filters:
- Rinse the pre-motor filters every 3 months.
- Remove the dust cup, then take out the filters.
- Rinse the filters with water only, then allow them to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- Return the filters to their housing, reinstalling the felt filter first, followed by the foam filter.
- Reattach the dust cup. Post-motor HEPA filter:
- Rinse the HEPA filter every 12 months, or as needed.
- Press the tab on top of the filter door and lift off the door. Remove the dust cup, then lift out the HEPA filter.
- Rinse the filter with water only, then allow it to air-dry completely before reinstalling.
- When the filter is completely dry, reinstall it and reattach the door.
Certain dry temperatures in winter or dry desert areas may cause common static electricity to build up in the vacuum, producing small shocks, similar to what you might experience from contact with doorknobs, wool sweaters, or blankets. This is harmless. In order to avoid this, we recommend moisturizing your hands and/or removing wool socks or sweaters prior to vacuuming.
- Place pod onto floor nozzle post.
- Insert the wand into the pod.
- Attach the lower accessory holder to the pod.
- Insert the handle into the wand.
- Connect the hose to the back of the pod.
- Store accessories on the lower accessory holder. For proper operation, ensure all parts are firmly clicked into place.
- Use Setting I (Hard Floors) on delicate carpets and Hard-floor surfaces. It is also the Setting to Use For above-floor cleaning.
- Use Setting II (Carpet) when you want to deep-clean your carpets or pick up hair, pet fur, and fibers. the brushroll spins in both modes.
Detach the pod from the floor nozzle to clean above-floor areas.
- From upright vacuum mode, first remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the Lift-Away button near bottom of the pod.
- Gently step on the floor nozzle and lift off the pod. Remove the wand from the nozzle, or the handle from the top of the wand.
To remove the handle:
- Press the handle release button and pull up on the handle to detach it. Add a cleaning tool to the handle.
To remove the wand:
- Press the wand release button and lift out the wand by the handle. Add a cleaning tool to the end of the wand.
Make sure you are using setting II, Carpet. Adjusting the amount of suction power will help with push and pull. Rotate the suction control collar on the handle counterclockwise toward MIN to reduce suction for more maneuverability.
The suction control collar on the handle allows you to adjust the suction. To reduce suction and increase maneuverability on carpets, rotate the collar counterclockwise toward MIN. For more suction on bare floors and when using accessories, rotate the collar clockwise toward MAX.
- Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the handle is tilted back.
- Select setting II (Carpet).
- If the red indicator light on the nozzle is illuminated steadily, immediately turn off and unplug vacuum. Remove any blockages, then reconnect and turn vacuum back on.
- Carefully remove any hair wrapped around the brushroll. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles.
- Check that the Lift-Away button is locked in place, making the electrical connection complete.